• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Redundant Fitment Question

Started by dash.90, January 29, 2015, 11:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dash.90

Seems like many people have or get 255/45/20's. I also have that tire size and wanted to get new rims, the ones I liked were KMC from carid.com that are 20 x 8.5 .. Those should fit correct? I matched them with tires they also have to see and the only sizes they show are 245/45/20s

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: dash.90 on January 29, 2015, 11:50:05 AM
Seems like many people have or get 255/45/20's. I also have that tire size and wanted to get new rims, the ones I liked were KMC from carid.com that are 20 x 8.5 .. Those should fit correct? I matched them with tires they also have to see and the only sizes they show are 245/45/20s

Be VERY careful with tire size on the SHO. ESPECIALLY after our tune...traction is a mother at 255/45. IMHO if you are going to step down in size go stickier and lower the car! We recommend the H&R lowering springs.

SHOnUup

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on January 29, 2015, 12:00:21 PM

Be VERY careful with tire size on the SHO. ESPECIALLY after our tune...traction is a mother at 255/45. IMHO if you are going to step down in size go stickier and lower the car! We recommend the H&R lowering springs.
What's your opinion on the Megan coilovers? TIA

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

dash.90

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on January 29, 2015, 12:00:21 PM

Well wait no, Im sticking to 20s and moving up to 255/45, how is that going down?

Livernois Motorsports

I thought you were talking about 255/45 TO 245/45...which is 1/2" thinner. My bad, I misread. I have like 11 forums going in my browser ATM.

Livernois Motorsports

True coilovers if you're not racing are a little overkill. I LIKE THEM, but I'm pretty "particular" lol about how I like my ride and ride height.

SHOdded

Plenty of people running the 255s on the 20" rims without any trouble, some of them are on H&Rs, I believe.  bpd Mike runs them with his Megan coilovers, I believe.  Research and use a tire appropriate to your application & driving style.  Lots of good tires to choose from, including Michelin Pilot SS, Continental DWS, General GMax, Pirelli Cinturato P7, Hankook Ventus V12 etc.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Livernois Motorsports

The key part of your post is....RESEARCH!

dash.90

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on January 29, 2015, 12:12:47 PM
I thought you were talking about 255/45 TO 245/45...which is 1/2" thinner. My bad, I misread. I have like 11 forums going in my browser ATM.

Yah man I was gonna say what are you talking about lol. Made me double check everything cause I just bought some Michelin pilots. Great grip on those.
I personally like stock height, especially cause my exhaust seems to sit kinda low