• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ecoboost quit after going over railroad track

Started by GhostRider8, June 06, 2015, 07:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

What exactly does the invoice say for labor and parts? I agree with you, there is a short somewhere.

The problem is Ford will not pay the claim any further since the fuse "solved the problem" and the fuse didn't blow again. Sure, it fixed the no start problem, but doesn't even begin to address why the truck shut down completely.

I would call Ford.....there is obviously an underlying issue and the next time it happens you may not be as lucky.

If you don't get an acceptable response, take it to social media. Ford pays close attention to that. Hammer them on the safety aspect of your situation, that's the last thing any manufacturer wants in the current recall/lawsuit climate.

FoMoCoSHO

I would also make sure that your concern of the vehicle shutting down is in writing and on your invoice. Just in case you have the same scenario later and it would happen to cause an accident. Then make sure you remind Ford that it has been notated in writing.

ZSHO

Agreed,just like FoMoCoSHO said its important that its documented in regards to liability issues,would also make sure the TSB was performed on your truck,any Ecoboost F-150 manufactured after Sept.18,2012 have received a redesigned CAC that addresses the moisture buildup issue,if the the condensation is significant,the F-150's computer system throws a red flag and forces the vehicle into limp mode to prevent further damage.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|