• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

F100 Engine swap. Tuning info needed Phoenix area

Started by EcoBoostedF100, January 25, 2015, 02:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Yup, Erick hasn't told me that he's ready to tune SHO's yet though.
He actually stayed with me when he came out :P
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Wilson

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on January 26, 2015, 02:51:36 PM
Yup, Erick hasn't told me that he's ready to tune SHO's yet though.
He actually stayed with me when he came out :P
Per my conversation with Erick this morning... SHO tunes are officially for sale, sir.
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

EcoBoostedF100

Quote from: Wilson on January 26, 2015, 02:49:21 PM
Not sure if you've already got the ball rolling with Torrie, but I'd suggest hitting up Erick at Leading Edge Tuning. LET is one of the best there is when it comes to tuning the 3.5L EB in the F150 and I can personally attest to how strong his tunes are with the transverse 3.5L EB found in the SHO.

Erick was out in Phoenix a few months ago tuning the Full Race F150 for SEMA - http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1017046_ford-previews-a-pair-of-2015-f-150s-modded-for-sema.

Mike aka EcoPowerParts can attest to LET's work with these motors.

I am new to who is who in the Eco Tuning world.

I will send him a email.

EcoBoostedF100

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on January 25, 2015, 04:06:05 PM
It can't be done, I'll second that opinion, however if you remove the DI setup and move to PFI you'll be able to do it pretty easily, just probably no VVT.

As I said, I WOULD get it to work. I can now say I did. It now runs just fine! Of course using the DI and the VVT.

No problem!

I can now offically say its up and running just fine with all electronics as Ford intended them to be.

SHOdded

That's GREAT :thumb:  How about some details on this newfangled setup, mi amigo :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoBoostedF100

Quote from: SHOdded on March 25, 2015, 01:24:33 AM
That's GREAT :thumb:  How about some details on this newfangled setup, mi amigo :D

100% all stock ford stuff. No mods (yet) lol

I still need to most likely order a new cab harness for a Regular cab so I can get the doors open message off the message center.
I do not have the IC installed yet as need to make a custom one. I just fired it for a few seconds to know everything else is hooked up proper and it actually runs. As soon as I can get a IC built I will be able to drive it.

Right now the wiring is hooked up but the dash pad is not in. Just made it easier to figure out all the wiring.

EcoPowerParts

Didn't you just basically swap in the factory chassis from the new truck and put your body on top of it?
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoBoostedF100

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on March 25, 2015, 09:11:27 AM
Didn't you just basically swap in the factory chassis from the new truck and put your body on top of it?

I did purchase a new 126" WB chassis. Swapped the engine and trans but because of a WB change had to purchase a lot of other items.

Much too involved to explain its best for someone to read the build thread.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147380

SJfastback

How are you making the ECM work ? I've been working on a 3.5 swap since last July now. Have had the same run around with ford racing BS'ing about the release date and etc.

I got my harness redone by hotwireauto and now am having a dilemma of making the computer work. Can't get past the security/abs features.

Any chance you could PM ?

Tbird6

If you read his build thread you will see he did not swap the engine at all. He basically put a 1966 F100 cab on a 2011 F150 chassis. He used the entire drive train and frame as well as the complete dashboard with all the AC/heat stuff. Cut the floor out of the F100 and slid the F150 floor pan in. So even the seats are 2011 F150.

A massive project! But the 3.5L Ecoboost still thinks it's powering a 2011 F150.
2013 MKS Ecoboost.

SHOme

2014 SHO, PP 3 bar, 160 T Stat, Livernois v10 Tune, UPR catch can. MDesign CAI

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SHOme on April 28, 2016, 12:38:53 PM
Any updates on this?  I am very interested.
FYI the actual Ford control pack is out now and there's a thread in this board discussing it.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBoostedF100

Quote from: SHOme on April 28, 2016, 12:38:53 PM
Any updates on this?  I am very interested.

Some major developments have been made. Now it's easy to drop a 2011-2016 3.5 Eco into anything.  I think the 2015 & up is a better fit but is more difficult to deal with PATS than other years.

A couple months ago while waiting for new custom wheels for Eco 1 I started another 3.5 Eco swap. 180 deg from first one. This one is truly a engine Trans swap only using a 6R80 4x4 combo.

EcoBoostedF100

Hoping to fire Eco 2 within next few days using a 2015 engine without using a control pak.  Will follow up soon.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!