• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

F100 Engine swap. Tuning info needed Phoenix area

Started by EcoBoostedF100, January 25, 2015, 02:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoBoostedF100

I am getting close to having my F100 3.5L eco engine swap running.

Is there anyone in Phoenix area that can properly tune it?

I will most likely be upgrading the Turbo's etc

Tuning help after upgrades.

BiGMaC

I would not trust 3.5 TT GDI EB tuning to anyone currently other than LME or Unleashed.  Since you have a custom job I'd recommend Unleashed since Torrie will let you catalog and adjust the tune. 4DR may be able to help you through Black Market Racing.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoBoostedF100

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 25, 2015, 02:54:51 PM
I would not trust 3.5 TT GDI EB tuning to anyone currently other than LME or Unleashed.  Since you have a custom job I'd recommend Unleashed since Torrie will let you catalog and adjust the tune. 4DR may be able to help you through Black Market Racing.

In inquired to LME a few times but they never responded. Will try the others you mentioned. Thanks!

Link to build: I just became aware of this site and would put it here if enough interest,

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147380

By the way it will not allow me to respond without the verification . .

BiGMaC

Quote from: EcoBoostedF100 on January 25, 2015, 03:02:52 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on January 25, 2015, 02:54:51 PM

In inquired to LME a few times but they never responded. Will try the others you mentioned. Thanks!

Link to build: I just became aware of this site and would put it here if enough interest,

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147380

By the way it will not allow me to respond without the verification . .

Re: verify to post - Maybe PM Shodded.... Be sure your browser is accepting cookies.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

EcoBoostedF100

I sent a message to Tech at Unleashed to see if they can help. I was kind of disappointed LME did not respond.

EcoBoostedF100

Did not expect that! Torrie responded to my email in a matter of minutes on a sunday afternoon no less!

I am, Impressed . .

BiGMaC

Quote from: EcoBoostedF100 on January 25, 2015, 03:28:21 PM
Did not expect that! Torrie responded to my email in a matter of minutes on a sunday afternoon no less!

I am, Impressed . .
Typical... Even though tuned by LME, I am impressed with his responsiveness.

SHOdded

Torrie is the "pre-thought" responder :)  A 5 post minimum is required before security verification is bypassed (anti-spam measure).
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoBoostedF100

Quote from: SHOdded on January 25, 2015, 03:37:51 PM
Torrie is the "pre-thought" responder :)  A 5 post minimum is required before security verification is bypassed (anti-spam measure).

He did respond again after I gave him additional info and said he could help with the calibration!

I will contact him once I get to that point. Hoping by April 1st . .

After going for a ride in a F150 yesterday that had upgraded Turbo's & just knowing my truck will be 1500lbs lighter has me excited even more so to get this on the road. Hoping to prior of Ford releasing the harness pcm kit.

Mostly because when I started this project and was looking for standalone harness someone at ford Racing told me it could not be done . .

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

It can't be done, I'll second that opinion, however if you remove the DI setup and move to PFI you'll be able to do it pretty easily, just probably no VVT.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoBoostedF100

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on January 25, 2015, 04:06:05 PM
It can't be done, I'll second that opinion, however if you remove the DI setup and move to PFI you'll be able to do it pretty easily, just probably no VVT.

This truck will have DI & VVT.

I found a way around it for the swap . .

So I am sure you will give me a "FREE" turbo upgrade once the truck is running with the DI & VVT?

Mark my words, It WILL happen . .

Expected start up date by April 1st.

Ford told me the same thing years ago when I put a blown 5.0 into a new 1996 Ranger. 1st year of OBDII

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Quinid

I am sooo glad that you are attempting this. I always thought this engine would we stupid fun in an old f100 or even a 60 something mustang. I do hope you pull it off with the DI and VVT working.
2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.

Wilson

Not sure if you've already got the ball rolling with Torrie, but I'd suggest hitting up Erick at Leading Edge Tuning. LET is one of the best there is when it comes to tuning the 3.5L EB in the F150 and I can personally attest to how strong his tunes are with the transverse 3.5L EB found in the SHO.

Erick was out in Phoenix a few months ago tuning the Full Race F150 for SEMA - http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1017046_ford-previews-a-pair-of-2015-f-150s-modded-for-sema.

Mike aka EcoPowerParts can attest to LET's work with these motors.
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires