• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

torque pro on galexy s3- so confused...

Started by jimmyducati, January 22, 2015, 12:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyducati

I paid for it, so it should be torque pro.. I found the gear, had to swipe up from the bottom of the screen to find it. Went to the "manage extra pids/sensors" option and it just brings me to a blank screen that shows a box for a few seconds that says "press menu to add extra OBD2 pids". as far as I have looked, I don't see a menu option to select.

Thanks for the help with this guys, maybe I should just learn how to use a pc and quit bitching about it huh...
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead

jimmyducati

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

If you have any questions as you go through, don't worry about it and ask. Nothing better than being able to help out a fellow ecobooster.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

jimmyducati

I noticed when selecting extra PID's to monitor, that some were highlighted in green and some were in black... kinda made it look like only the green PID's were available to monitor. Is this the case?

SHOnUup

I think some of those are running for some reason, others can be used to. There's plenty on there we can't use also. Color doesn't seem to matter.

Rich
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

The green/highlighted ones are usually the ones returning live data and/or available for calculation.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jimmyducati

So, Ive added a bunch of pid's that should show real time info on whats going on with my car when it does its weird hesitation during steady throttle cruising including torque converter slip, timing advance/retard, injector pulse, fuel rail pressure, individual cylinder misfire and a few others.. Problem is that most of these pids don't give any data (weren't highlighted green). I suspect that the injector pid and torque converter pid may be for a super duty, but these seem to be the pids that would flag an injector or cylinder that isn't firing correctly or a transmission that is having issues. have I seen the limitation of Torque Pro, or is there something I can do to get these pid's to be functional?

SHOdded

Torque is a development platform.  They provide a base set of PIDs, and you develop the rest.  If they are not highlighted green for your application, you have to write a custom PID for it.  Some folks, notably ecoboostsho, have done some work on various custom PIDs in its' own thread, which can be found by searching the forum.
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3141

The available/tested PIDs are listed first, then the ones currently being worked on.

ElvenSho

Quote from: jimmyducati on January 22, 2015, 12:02:03 PM
So I will start this out by stating that I am definitely not a PC, I am a mac because they work without me doing anything... So naturally, I'm totally lost on how to download and use anything other than the parameters already installed in the torque pro app. Ive been reading the forum here and have seen a lot about PID's and formulas, but its all 100% Greek to me. I don't see any place in the app to go to with the exception of the "get plugin" button, and that just takes me to a forum that seems to only have jpegs that you can download and nothing Eco boost specific.

All I want to do is see the boost, the spark advance and retard, fuel psi and how the injectors are firing. Every now and then my car throws a cylinder 6 misfire and anytime you press the gas pedal it bucks and feels like the engine is trying to leave the car. Pretty much all the time while cruising at a constant speed the car feels like its surging, I would compare it to slightly pushing in the clutch in a manual transmission over and over again so it just barely disengages, then re-engages over and over again.

Does anyone have a simple, easy to follow writup on how to install these "PID's" onto the torque app?

I think you might have a fuel injector going out. Might want to check that out.
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

ElvenSho

Quote from: jimmyducati on January 22, 2015, 01:27:00 PM
to my knowledge the car has not had any recalls done on it... the last time it was at the dealer (when I was refused warranty work on the front turbo leaking oil) they said the only recall that was active for my car was a license plate light recall. It has never stalled though, just that annoying constant surging and the  occasional cylinder 6 misfire.

Ive already wrapped the knock sensor wire along the drivers side of the block and have changed and properly gaped the plugs. Had to replace a couple of the plug wire insulators because they stuck to the top of the spark plug and tore during removal. Im 100% positive that all of the plug wires went back onto the correct plugs and the (cheap) spring is properly placed inside of the insulator... what a crap design!

had similar issue with my car. I am positive your injector on cylinder 6 is going out.

EDIT: Not all dealers are smart enough to figure this out. I had a Ford dealer tell me that is normal (lol) and then I took the car to a Lincoln dealer and they figured it out after leaving the car with them for 2-3 days. Also I did not get the CEL at any point but it was getting to that point I was told.

jimmyducati

ElvenSho, so you were getting a weird hesitation that happened nearly all of the time, just strong enough to be noticed but maybe dismissed by someone who doesnt know how a car is supposed to run, and the occasional cylinder #6 missfire that was always accompanied by a strong vibration and severe loss of power? Im just excited that someone has experienced what I am, confirms to me that I may not be crazy!!

ElvenSho

Quote from: jimmyducati on January 31, 2015, 08:47:16 PM
ElvenSho, so you were getting a weird hesitation that happened nearly all of the time, just strong enough to be noticed but maybe dismissed by someone who doesnt know how a car is supposed to run, and the occasional cylinder #6 missfire that was always accompanied by a strong vibration and severe loss of power? Im just excited that someone has experienced what I am, confirms to me that I may not be crazy!!

Yes but I never got a CEL. search for one of my threads about it. It took a long time to fix. I am 90% sure ur having the same issue.

EDIT: It was very hard to notice under normal acceleration, but as soon as you put ur foot down at least 25% I would say I could feel it, and it kept getting worse the more you get on it. It felt like its "skipping a beat" if you know what I mean.