• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Anyone with a Fusion out there?

Started by FaSSt9602, June 20, 2013, 12:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaSSt9602

So I am thinking about getting a new AtoB car and am REALLY looking at the new Fusion.  I can find the 1.6 Ecoboost all day long, but having a hard time tracking down a 2.0.  Anyone have one or the other, driven both, or...?  I know there is more potential with the 2.0, but I am also a little scared of the new 1.6 platform...
2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

FaSSt9602

AtoB beatermobile!  Don't really want to spend $35k on a small compact car, but it may be my only option for what I want...   :'(

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

FaSSt9602

Quote from: Scott13SHO on June 20, 2013, 09:28:07 PM
Quote from: FaSSt9602 on June 20, 2013, 06:29:44 PM
The Hybrids are outrageously expensive and the Ti's aren't far behind.  I just can't see mid 30's for a compact car... :bangin:

Its a mid-sized car...not a compact car...the Focus is the Compact car and the Fiesta is the subcompact car.

Little easier this way:

B Class: Fiesta
C Class: Focus
CD Class: Fusion
D Class: Taurus

Not to mention the Fusion has MUCH better interior layout vs the Taurus...to be honest the way the Taurus interior is setup is pretty terrible for car its size...it should have more room in it. The worse part is the footwells on any of the D3 cars...much too narrow.

And another thing, the next gen Taurus and MKS are going to be on the Fusion platform, with a couple of inches added either to the length or width of them vs the current Fusion.

I get it, but for a 275lb 6'3" guy, the fusion sure feels like a compact car versus my Flex or F250!

Scott13SHO

Quote from: FaSSt9602 on June 21, 2013, 12:49:19 PM
I get it, but for a 275lb 6'3" guy, the fusion sure feels like a compact car versus my Flex or F250!

Well I could understand that but I'm 6'2 and 225 so not that much smaller then you ;)
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

FaSSt9602

Ok, Tiny!  ;D

The Fusion does surprisingly have a lot of room, which is why I am really looking at them...but I REALLY want the 2.0, just can't find one outside the Ti, and still can't really justify $35k for a 5th car (and only 2 drivers).  :(

Scott13SHO

You have to be careful with a loaded up SE vs a Ti model anyways....a loaded SE could cost more then a base Ti model that has more options!

I know this was the case with the Escape till they dropped the SEL model.

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

FaSSt9602

The most expensive one I found on the lot at my closest dealer was just under $27k, had nav, myFordTouch, may not have had leather (can't remember exactly), but only had the 1.6.  This dealer didn't have any 2.0 SE's or Ti, just lots and lots of 1.6's and Hybrids...

DJE624

If it's just for beating around, how about a low mileage Sport? 

I had a '06 Fusion and there was plenty of room for me.  6-2 270.

I think the Gen 2 had basically the same size interior.

FaSSt9602

Only really looking for new... EB FTMFW!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2