• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Major power loss!! Lincoln 2010 EB. HELP!!

Started by korb419, December 28, 2014, 01:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDesign Performance

2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

korb419

SHO-TYM

I have every bolt on part for the SHO including Meth injection.  I purchased the motocraft plugs gapped at .030, and when spraying meth, it seems to be loosing spark, so I am having vehicle picked up by Livernois and transported to their facitlity to put new plugs in and tighten the gap, and dyno tune the meth kit.  I would def. recommend putting the gap at .028.  You may lose some MPG..... but the performance is what will improve.
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHO-TYM on January 24, 2015, 12:24:24 PM
I have every bolt on part for the SHO including Meth injection.  I purchased the motocraft plugs gapped at .030, and when spraying meth, it seems to be loosing spark, so I am having vehicle picked up by Livernois and transported to their facitlity to put new plugs in and tighten the gap, and dyno tune the meth kit.  I would def. recommend putting the gap at .028.  You may lose some MPG..... but the performance is what will improve.
Is the smaller gap recommended for when using meth, or is this something we're just now concluding after getting some time in on these ecoboost.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

MDesign Performance

Quote from: korb419 on January 24, 2015, 11:07:25 AM
MDesign what you think your 0-60 is ?

No clue, being a law student I don't try to push the car that much that often! Though when I do I know I spin in 1st and 2nd gear so I would say it's pretty quick :chay:
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

wasinger3000

I noticed an improvement when going to .028 on the gap with meth injection.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.