• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Zero2Sixty Motorsports Front Mount Intercooler

Started by Zero2Sixty, January 17, 2015, 11:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero2Sixty

Hey everyone! I just wanted to jump in here to answer any questions regarding the intercooler kit. We are the creators of this kit and can answer any questions you have.

So far a few of the questions have been -

Does it fit with the grill in there?
Yes this will fit with the factory grill.

Does it remove the washer fluid reservoir?
Yes. However we are working on a solution for the reservoir. Either way, It will come with something.

What are the power gains?
As of right now we do not have any dyno numbers as the customer has not hit the rollers yet. Once he has, we will report back with results

Can I use the factory airbox?
Yes

Can I purchase one? How much?
Yes you can! We are selling our first run of kits for $899. Click the link below to view/purchase
http://zero2sixtymotorsports.com/product/2010-taurus-sho-front-mount-intercooler/

Are you selling the intake also?
Ofcoarse. The intake is $199

*The images above were taking during the build process. Some of the couplers and clamps will be different that what would come in the production kit.
6 Month - 0% interest payment plans on all parts an service

JCam550

2010 SHO - Tuxedo Black, 402a, non-PP, Unleashed 93 Octane, 3 Bar, 170 T Stat, 534 plugs, MDesign intake, BOV VTA, 5% window tint all around, 2013 fender badges, Snow Stage 2 water/meth, JLT catch can, Amsoil fluids, Tommy Z grille, H&R Springs

Zero2Sixty

It is quite a bit larger than the factory. The core is 23"x8"x3.5". Will support just under 1000hp.

Zero2Sixty Motorsports
Hi-Performance Sales, Services and Professional Tuning

BBOX

Well this is . . . interesting.

Gotta keep that washer reservoir though, it's where I store my meth.

peppelepugh

MOAR CAR PARTZ!!!!!!!! Very interested to see gains on this!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

futat2

Is this gonna fit with the PP SHOs? Looks promising.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

Zero2Sixty

Quote from: futat2 on January 17, 2015, 12:56:30 PM
Is this gonna fit with the PP SHOs? Looks promising.
Yes

[/quote]
Quote from: BBOX on January 17, 2015, 11:45:35 AM
Well this is . . . interesting.

Gotta keep that washer reservoir though, it's where I store my meth.

I agree. We are actually working on it. I have no problem making a custom reservoir but I am looking at other ways to keep the cost down, which is one reason I haven't really "released" this as a "complete kit" yet.
Zero2Sixty Motorsports

bpd1151

First and foremost.....

Thanks for developing this (much needed) product! :ok:

It seems that this is one of those "missing links" in the proverbial chain of performance upgrades, that has been severely lacking from any other vendor that I can recall since the EB line was developed.

So big 'ol kudos on fulfilling that void in the market.  :clap2: :thankyou:

Secondly, thanks for joining EBPF.  :alkashi:

Seems most of my questions have been addressed.

A fair amount of us, are running a Methanol Injection set up, whereas the OEM Washer Tank is used as the onboard Meth Reservoir.

In my case, I have an additional (albeit smaller) supplemental reservoir mounted directly above the OEM Washer Tank that now houses my washer fluid itself.

I am aware of the availability of a remote, trunk mounted tank for the Methanol Kits. So the fact that yours (for now) deletes the OEM Washer Tank, is not that big of an issue for me.

But I suppose there may be some who'll want to retain washer fluid capability, so to hear you are developing a work around, is great to hear.

I too look forward to the dyno results, and what not. Especially given the initial install depicted is on a bone stock SHO from what I understand, yes?

I do have a question still left hanging out there......

Does your system supplement the OEM IC, or is it a complete replacement therein?

If it's a complete replacement, that might bode well in the aspect that perhaps the OEM IC could be removed entirely, and a larger radiator can be installed down the road. Just brain storming I suppose.

Eagerly awaiting results.  :popcorn:

Please consider offering black silicone connectors as well if at all possible.

There's some of us out there that like to draw our car's color scheme's into the engine bay.

I suspect you'll enjoy a hearty amount of sales as more info is produced and posted!

Zero2Sixty

Thank you for your input. We really appreciate it. Building stuff like this is what I love to do so anytime I have a chance to build pretty much anything, you can count me in.

There will most definitely be a washer reservoir in the finished it.

I am actually working on a PCV/Catch can setup for these cars.. because they DEFINITELY NEED IT. I am thinking I am going to incorporate a separate meth reservoir that can attach to it. The reason I would like a separate container is.. At my shop I put meth on just about everything. We like to run pure meth on a lot of applications and well.. its nice to wash your windows and not use up your pure meth on the windows.

Here is an example of a custom reservoir I just did for a car in the shop -

Zero2Sixty Motorsports

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

bigmoneycloser

Will this fit the explorer sport?
Would love to see the gains....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

J-Will

Thanks for joint this board and providing product details! This is a very promising addition to our aftermarket offerings.
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

panther427

Great work amd thank you for joining the forum.

Just a fyi for you.  Your intake will not get much love from this forum. 

Any options for powder coating or thermal coating?.  Is there bung for water meth injection
2013 SHO

Zero2Sixty

Quote from: panther427 on January 17, 2015, 05:19:18 PM

Any options for powder coating or thermal coating?.  Is there bung for water meth injection

Well I think what people will find is that an intake is an intake. So don't really care. Mine is the cheapest option out there and it's all that is needed, but I will leave it at that.

I will add meth bungs, powder coated, thermal coat, etc. if that is wanted
Zero2Sixty Motorsports

bigmoneycloser

Quote from: Zero2Sixty on January 17, 2015, 05:50:00 PM
Quote from: panther427 on January 17, 2015, 05:19:18 PM

Well I think what people will find is that an intake is an intake. So don't really care. Mine is the cheapest option out there and it's all that is needed, but I will leave it at that.

I will add meth bungs, powder coated, thermal coat, etc. if that is wanted

Will this fit explorer sport?IC that is...
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes