• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Bad expirence with Tommy Z design

Started by southtxSHO, January 17, 2015, 12:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtxSHO

Like the title says , I ordered the grille with Tommy from Tommy Z design back in November 20th . Two weeks after that I had asked for updates and now responses . A week after that I called him and said grille was painted and just waiting on SHO emblem. Well its been a month after that in last week he said that dealership was in back order on emblem and that he could send it with out emblem or just refund money . I emailed him back saying to just send like that. I have been calling and emailing to see what the status is and no response. Any suggestions on what to do .... This was paid since day 1 .

Chris
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

SHOdded

It can take a loooong time to get products directly from the mfr of custom parts.  I don't see the grille showcased on the website, was it ever?  If it's a one-off, that would explain the delays.  Maybe bpd can offer insight.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

southtxSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on January 17, 2015, 03:35:19 AM
It can take a loooong time to get products directly from the mfr of custom parts.  I don't see the grille showcased on the website, was it ever?  If it's a one-off, that would explain the delays.  Maybe bpd can offer insight.
I have no problem with waiting but when we initially talked on day 1 , he said he had the grille made and color to paint it already  . Three weeks after our first conversation he said I will ship it by the end of the week and that never happened . That's when he said he was waiting for embelm. .Then 3 more weeks passed and said dealership was on back order and if I wanted he would send it without emblem which I said ok . Now 2 weeks have passed and he has not answered my calls or emails .

Chris
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes

ZSHO

I feel for you dude,been there a couple times,hopefully the patients and wait pays off,also have to take into consideration possibly related to the holidays at that time as many are also on vacation,good luck and keep us updated.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

No response is the worst. Delays are fine, but not being kept up to date will drive you nuts. Hopefully it's just as ZSHO stated, busy holiday season.

Rich
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

IHeartGroceries

I have a zero tolerance for these shenanigans.
A number of years ago I paid nearly 900 bucks to an asshat in another state to custom fab a turbo manifold for my Mazda. Delays, delays, delays, and he continued to feed me a line of garbage every time. Foolishly, I bought into them. Just enough time for the Paypal refund period to expire and for him to disappear. I wasn't the only one he shafted either.

Stop payment or find some similar recourse.
2013 SHO PP

bpd1151

I recall, back from my days with the Charger, when TommyZ's was doing a lot of the engine hoods and grilles for the MOPAR crowds.

I think, and don't quote me on this, but he was like 50/50 on completing orders.

Similar circumstances as described by the OP here.....

My patience would be pressed as well. Seems that stopping payment (in w/e form that entails.... CC claim, PayPal dispute, etc.) would be a fairly good "motivating" tool to light the fire under that vendor's butt so to speak, to get them to fulfill the order.

There's always the 'ol filing a BBB dispute as well, but results on that are somewhat iffy.

Sure is too bad that Mobsteel sold the molds off in retrospect, cuz Adam Genei and the whole crew over there (at Mobsteel) were top notch folks.

Sorry to hear all the nonsense you're going through.  :schmoll: :sad1:

jayskycj

Same here man. Paid 500 for upper and lower, both black. After months of emails, he finally sent me the upper only, with some s*** diamond pattern chrome. Wound up keeping it (eBay refund expired) and got some honeycombish black aluminum to replace the chrome. And got shafted on the lower grille. Best part, it didn't come with clips and that was fun to track down. I feel for ya.
2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

BiGMaC

I hate that kind of thing guys... 'cuz with the SHO being limited production options are few and development is $$$.

I agree with Mike... File with BBB and, without exaggerating, just tell the story and blast them on all the EB sites and social media you have time to do.  At least then you can save others the grief!

BTW, I love the factory grille and center valance... but would want the black chrome w/o the blue oval, but I have been afraid to order from TommyZ because of multiple reports like the experience of you guys. For those who do order my advice would be pay with Paypal, and file your claim before the guarantee expires and get your $ back... PP will actually withdraw from a seller's account to refund you.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Agree with BigMac,we should also have a seperate area where we can add vendors to avoid,which can be useful to everyone,Autoplicity will also be another vendor to avoid with its bad track records.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on January 18, 2015, 03:06:41 PM
Agree with BigMac,we should also have a seperate area where we can add vendors to avoid,which can be useful to everyone,Autoplicity will also be another vendor to avoid with its bad track records.

Great Idea Z!...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

jayskycj

Quote from: ZSHO on January 18, 2015, 03:06:41 PM

I second that, good idea.
2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

southtxSHO

Thanks for the tips guys , I will be making a CC claim. I have waited too long and patience is way past due  .....Hopefully it's not too late .
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes

Darthmaximus

I am currently having the exact same issue with Tommy. After talking with him for a couple of weeks(August 27), calling and emailing him reminders, he finally charged me for the grille (September 6). But he never sent me a receipt or invoice for that matter. I would email or call him twice a week with no response what so ever! He told me on three separate occasions that he would send it on the day he messaged me.....that never happened.  Now on September 30, I got in contact with Mobsteel to see what their view point was. They gave me a different number for Tommy. He finally got back with me but he forgot my SHO emblem and painted it the wrong color. He said I will get it Monday. STAY AWAY FROM TOMMY Z!!!

SHOnUup

Quote from: Darthmaximus on September 30, 2015, 07:24:28 PM
I am currently having the exact same issue with Tommy. After talking with him for a couple of weeks(August 27), calling and emailing him reminders, he finally charged me for the grille (September 6). But he never sent me a receipt or invoice for that matter. I would email or call him twice a week with no response what so ever! He told me on three separate occasions that he would send it on the day he messaged me.....that never happened.  Now on September 30, I got in contact with Mobsteel to see what their view point was. They gave me a different number for Tommy. He finally got back with me but he forgot my SHO emblem and painted it the wrong color. He said I will get it Monday. STAY AWAY FROM TOMMY Z!!!
You wouldn't happen to be Dave?

Think I may have messaged with you about this on FB?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.