• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Exhaust Set Ups

Started by DJE624, June 19, 2013, 08:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

What exhaust set up do you have?  What do you like/dislike about it?  Axle Back, Cat Back, Down Pipes, No Cats and Cut Outs.  Manufactured or custom?  I'm leaning towards a Corsa Cat Back.

RoushF150

I am running the Corsa system. It has been on for 2 years and gone through 2 Canadian winters. Total miles on system is 120,000klms. The install was easy, fitment was perfect and an occasional polish on the tips keeps it looking like new. Pleasant and almost silent on the highway but has a great sound under WOT. (for a V6) I doubt if there is much of a performance gain but it can't hurt. I recommend this kit.
2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost: Eibach Pro Kit & 20" Platinum Monarch wheels
2011 SHO: LMS 4+ tune, Airaid CAI, Corsa Exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit, 20" Lorenzo Wheels & MT Street Comp tires.
2013 Mustang BOSS 302: Airaid Carbon Fiber CAI, Moroso Air/Oil Separator/Expansion Tank/Fuse Box, Hurst Roll Control, Steeda UCA/LCA/Panhard Bar/Sway Bar Relo-Kit, Hotchkis Springs, Ford Racing Trackey, MT Street Comp Tires

BigPelo

I wish I had the money for the Corsa right noe but I will wait a bit for Stainless Works to reveal their full turbo back system and see quality and pricing. I will keep and eye on this thread until then though!

Sent from my iPhone
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

EcoBrick Bob

My 2010 Flex has Magnaflow Axlebacks, created by installing Magnaflow mufflers in place of the stock ones and using the stock exhaust tips. At the time, that was my only option.

Since then NESHO made me an X-Pipe section that replaces the stock 3rd Cat and mid-muffler.  I had it installed with flanges at the rear so I could switch back to the stock 3rd cat and mid-muffler.  Definitely adds sound and based on logging, we saw an extra PSI of boost. 

I now am running PPE catted downpipes with the stock mid-section.  Wanted to hear it and see the results regarding performance before switching back to the NESHO mid-pipe.  PPE pipes seem almost as quiet as the stock downpipes, but man can you hear the turbos spooling up and down! 

Will report on noise/seat of the pants performance gains as soon as I have time to install the NESHO pipe.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

Kolk1

Mine is all OEM except for Catless, custom setup. I bought a 2nd set of OEM down pipes, and had them cut and straight piped. It added sound outside the car, so other people can hear it and everybody thats heard it says they like it. You can hear the turbos pretty easy.

Pro/Con?? It still sounds 100% stock from inside the cab.

Im thinking my next step might be to get rid of the large center muffler and do 2 straight pipes right there, still leaving my OEM mufflers in the rear.

PopolZ

PPE Catless downpipes, custom 3rd cat and resonator delete and stock mufflers. Was getting some sort of annoying rattle so I had a magnaflow resonator installed. With the resonator I have a deeper sound but still rattling. One night I decided to drive like a maniac in the interior parking lot at the office and noticed it was coming from the rear so I'm waiting on a set of Dynomax mufflers.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

Joleat

I plan to build my own x-pipe with flanges on both ends so I can easily swap the stock mid-pipe back and forth when needed. Other than that, I plan to leave the rest of the exhaust stock. I've always been a fan of sleepers, so I don't want my exhaust to be too noticeable. I even removed my EcoBoost badging as well as the MKS to enhance the "sleeperness".  ;D
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

Darkside

Anxiously awaiting the return of my Sho from Stainless Works.  Its getting the full system done with catted downpipes.  I should have it back by the end of this week and they should have a video of it before then.  Crossing fingers!
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert