• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ultra guage question

Started by scott320, January 15, 2015, 03:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott320

Hi guys I just bought an Ultra Guage off Tomc612. I like it alot, im just seeing if anyone here has one.  Im seting up my gauges to view, Hp and Tq are one i wanna view.  My question is, when I set up hp its set at 200 and the gauge knows the car is 3.5 L.  Do I leave it at 200 or manually adjust to 350? also it has engine % efficency at 24. Any one know what this means?

mval

scott: got one on my chally. when i set it up i don't remember it being that smart. i think you have to put in all the values. i got all my screens divided into 1/4 & see a lot of values but not tech savy enough to know what some of them mean. i watch air input temp versus real air temp closely. load. pedal positon & a few more. main reason i got it besies a few of the gauges was for the performance end where it can track times although with it being winter & the chally being rear wheel drive not much chance to use till spring. but amazing it does work considering the price.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHOdded

From the user manual:

Horsepower 1 and Kilowatts 1 are derived from the vehicle's Engine Control module and based on a percentage of maximum Torque. This gauge must first be configured by setting the maximum torque for the target vehicle. The maximum torque is a common parameter that can be found by searching the internet for the engine specification for your vehicle. The torque is commonly specified as a Torque @ a particular RPM. For example, 200 ft.lbs @ 3200 RPM. The Maximum torque is set via the menu system: MENU -> Vehicle Setup.. -> More.. -> Set HP1 Max Torque
The torque may be entered in either fl.lbs or N.m

Horsepower 2 and Kilowatts 2 are derived based on the amount of energy being consumed by the engine and the engine's efficiency. By default the efficiency is assumed to be 24%. This means that only 24% of the energy contained in the fuel actually produces power or torque output. 24% is an good average for typical modern vehicles. This value can be adjusted if more specific information is available via the menu system:
MENU ->  Vehicle Setup.. ->  More.. ->  Set HP2 Efficiency

So you should put in the HP/TQ for the tune you have.  If stock, it's easy.  If tuned, you need a dyno to get these numbers.

Efficiency:  Probably is a number out there for GTDI vehicles.  It will be an average, as the manual says, as efficiency of conversion of fuel to usable power is over a range of operation.  Most people care only about mpg as a practical measure.

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/support/support.htm
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!