• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Anyone ever tried Stright pipes on there SHO?

Started by MEANSHO, January 15, 2015, 12:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzybird

Looks good Jordan, are there any sound clips that I overlooked? This thread is hitting home today, failed inspection for straight pipe on my truck yesterday...at the same place I've been taking it for years. You think he would have mentioned he would have to fail me this year BEFOREHAND!
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

shoNoff

Jesus Andrew you are an animal that thing is gonna loud lol. But on the other hand I'm curious to hear it. If you can fit the 4inch dual tips I think they would look great. I used to love the quad tip look on my Acura TL type s.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

irondoor19

Quote from: MDesign Performance on January 15, 2015, 12:46:08 PM
I've tried this, it is loud and actually not that bad. The only bad thing is the drone you will have inside the cabin with the free-flowing system.

If you were interested in a custom setup I would do straight pipes from the down-pipe back and use some a high-flow resonator and chambered mufflers to kill drone. Kind of like the MDesign exhaust system that is currently for sale, though as it sits it is the same thing as practically a straight exhaust since all the components are high flowing. Throw on some chambered mufflers and I believe you could have something nice and unique.

M DESIGN: You are Really Alive... "Different Subject", You are getting slammed On Here,
Because you take orders, Mark as shipped with confirmation, and Then the Customer is Sitting Waiting for the CAI to arrive (way too Long).  AND Then you do not respond to Emails about it.
I like your product, am in your Corner, BUT you need to respond and Straiten this out For Good. YOU ARE loosing Customers and Confidence with this Group. :flamethrower:
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

ToMang07

Quote from: irondoor19 on September 01, 2018, 11:56:06 AM
M DESIGN: You are Really Alive... "Different Subject", You are getting slammed On Here,
Because you take orders, Mark as shipped with confirmation, and Then the Customer is Sitting Waiting for the CAI to arrive (way too Long).  AND Then you do not respond to Emails about it.
I like your product, am in your Corner, BUT you need to respond and Straiten this out For Good. YOU ARE loosing Customers and Confidence with this Group. :flamethrower:

That post is from January 2015
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

irondoor19

Dam:

Did not have my glasses ON, I am going to send it to His Inbox

irondoor19

Quote from: irondoor19 on September 01, 2018, 12:22:58 PM
Dam:

Did not have my glasses ON, I am going to send it to His Inbox

SENT IT TO HIM, AND WILL SEND IT TO HIS EMAIL AS WELL,
I Want Everyone to Succeed,  Does not take that Much...

802SHO

Tim the Acura looked great man!  Yes I'm going with the quad 4"!   Talk about double D's on that B***** lol

Irondoor19 that flame throwing Emojie was sweet lolol
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

802SHO

Quote from: Izzybird on September 01, 2018, 11:12:20 AM
Looks good Jordan, are there any sound clips that I overlooked? This thread is hitting home today, failed inspection for straight pipe on my truck yesterday...at the same place I've been taking it for years. You think he would have mentioned he would have to fail me this year BEFOREHAND!

For lack of better words...what a dink!  So does it fail...visually only?  If so that was a huge lame move on his part.  After going there so much for so long you must have looked at him like, "C'mon man stop joking around!" 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

Izzybird

Quote from: 802SHO on September 01, 2018, 07:10:55 PM
Quote from: Izzybird on September 01, 2018, 11:12:20 AM

For lack of better words...what a dink!  So does it fail...visually only?  If so that was a huge lame move on his part.  After going there so much for so long you must have looked at him like, "C'mon man stop joking around!"
I honestly asked him if he was serious, thinking he was messing with me. It's visual inspection only. I have a stock muffler that had some pieces fall out and modified to 4" in & out, so I'll buck up and throw it on. The law here clearly states you have to have a muffler, it's just rarely enforced. Depending on where you are of course. He was just doing his job, but could of just warned me to get straight or go on down the road. 
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

802SHO

I have a friend that turns a blind eye to my setup.  No one is ever going to get down on the ground and look at your exhaust....I mean really.  My muffler and catless downpipes fail already but its not in peoples faces.  Taking a picture isnt required for inspection and theres no codes when he plugs in his DMV tool.  Its all visual.  I get its the law but....we all know how frivelous the laws are/can get. 

Window tint is another law that I also disregard.  How it even became a law is beyond me.  I love how it changes magically from state to state...and law enforcement here also uses it.  DEA love it and some marked and unmarked cruisers.  At least here in VT they recently passed a new law...its still illegal on the front windows..but you can still pass an inspection with it on.  Mixed messages there..it has never been strictly enforced is another..lol!  Dumb laws

802SHO

Picked the car up last night from the Exhaust Shop.  It sounds awesome!  Louder ✔ but honestly its quiter than my old Audi A6 4.2 custom exhaust I had.  To me it has a deeper tone than a raspy one.  Only complaint I have is they did not remove my 3rd 🐱.  A bit dismayed really mostly bc they never once mentioned that they felt they legally could not remove it.  Ive been very specific about removing 3rd cat and resonator...in conversation as well as emails.  Only after it was done that I saw the 3rd cat still there that he said he couldn't legally remove it.  So it's 2.5" stainless catless downpipes to 3rd cat😡 to 2.5 stainless custom xpipe and straight out stainless pipe all throughout to stainless quad 4" tips.  Someone tell me the ugly 3rd 🐱 isnt restrictive ...clearly my goal was least restricitve

Sound clip coming soon.  Wanted to clean it up but its not a detail contest...so probably just do the sound clip as it is.

Teaser Pic!!!

Jordan

Quote from: 802SHO on September 13, 2018, 05:52:47 AM
Picked the car up last night from the Exhaust Shop.  It sounds awesome!  Louder ✔ but honestly its quiter than my old Audi A6 4.2 custom exhaust I had.  To me it has a deeper tone than a raspy one.  Only complaint I have is they did not remove my 3rd 🐱.  A bit dismayed really mostly bc they never once mentioned that they felt they legally could not remove it.  Ive been very specific about removing 3rd cat and resonator...in conversation as well as emails.  Only after it was done that I saw the 3rd cat still there that he said he couldn't legally remove it.  So it's 2.5" stainless catless downpipes to 3rd cat😡 to 2.5 stainless custom xpipe and straight out stainless pipe all throughout to stainless quad 4" tips.  Someone tell me the ugly 3rd 🐱 isnt restrictive ...clearly my goal was least restricitve

Sound clip coming soon.  Wanted to clean it up but its not a detail contest...so probably just do the sound clip as it is.

Teaser Pic!!!
You can cut the third cat fairly easily if you wanted to. Unbolt the exhaust and jam a piece of like rebar or a giant pry bar in there and it'll break up pretty easily. However I feel like that third cat is resonating it a hair so it will probably sound worse without it. However the third cat is 2.25" so you are going 2.5" to 2.25" to 2.5" again
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

802SHO

I'm really not happy with the way the shop owner handled the 3rd cat.  He literally never said anything about NOT being able to do it...or NOT feeling comfortable to do it.  It was done and he said..I took pics check this out.  I'm looking at the pics and I asked him...is that the 3rd cat?  Yes I cant legally remove that, federal law.  ????????????  Really?  Yes.  Its not restrictive, if you did a before and adtwr dyno it wouldnt be anything.  If it came in and it never had one, well thats different. 

??????? Uhm if you would have communicated that I would have made sure it didnt.  I told him everything I wanted to do to the exhaust weeks in advance.  Never said a word about the cat. 

After the money spent right now I'm done with it for now.  I'll have my friend who did my original muffler deletes cut it out and weld some straight 2.5" stainless in its place sometime soon.  I'm happy with everything they did..its what they didnt do that I'm very displeased about and bc there was no communication. 

802SHO

Cold Start and some revs

https://youtu.be/IVDPcotk4dI

18SHO

Quote from: Jordan on August 31, 2018, 06:00:48 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on August 31, 2018, 03:56:03 PM
Thank you guys for the input.  I will be going with an xpipe!
Thought I might add this. This is full 2.5" with an x pipe. So it's what you should expect it to look like in the end. This is with pie cuts though.

Love that setup, I'll be going with this x pipe! Did you mount the x pipe right where there he 3rd cat was or where the resonator was?
Also what mufflers are those ? MRT?
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61