• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Anyone ever tried Stright pipes on there SHO?

Started by MEANSHO, January 15, 2015, 12:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

I did talk to the shop today about an xpipe.  Its a custom exhaust shop so they said they don't stock much bc they can make it.  And yes I can choose all stainless or aluminized.  What I am looking for is a set up like this Audi has.  Staggered and slanted dual 4" quad tips.  I think it looks mean!  Will have to cut the rear valance
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ToMang07

Quote from: Jordan on August 31, 2018, 10:37:34 AM
Guarantee any exhaust shop he is going to is not going to use stainless anyways so what's the difference in the end lol.. It'll hold up fine for many years. Plus that price difference tho

No, it won't, especially if you live in the snow belt. You might get 2 years out of aluminized up here. Stainless is better in every way except price.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

Jordan

Ah, wasn't looking at location. I don't really drive my car much in the snow much being in Missouri so I wasn't account for that.

Also dual tips like that won't fit. A single 4" exit would, but you will have to modify the rear to fit those size of tips. 
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

geophb

Angles and bends are identical throughout the motor and manifold  ;D
Dual 4" on a taurus?
Has anyone done an h pipe? Wondering because sound is different between h pipe,x pipe, and straights
2010 Taurus SHO 3bar AJPturbo tune

TopherSho

Because of the bootsted nature,  any level of widening as long as it is done right helps spin-up and response of the turbos.  4" MIGHT be a bit much with the stokc snails but i defeer to those who have replaced their turbos for more accurate testimony..

as to sound.. ugh bigger pipes for SHO's == droney blatty awfullness... but my exhaust noise preferences are narrow.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Jordan

Quote from: geophb on August 31, 2018, 11:25:46 AM
Angles and bends are identical throughout the motor and manifold  ;D
Dual 4" on a taurus?
Has anyone done an h pipe? Wondering because sound is different between h pipe,x pipe, and straights

Angles and bends through heads and manifolds yes, but turbo exhaust housings are different after as well as the downpipes and the bends they take.

As far as H pipe I don't think there is a time where an h pipe is going to out perform an x pipe. Might sound different, but that's kind of old school v8 stuff compared to today. He just wants dual 4" tips not full 4" dual straight piping. That just wouldn't fit under the car! Ha! I tried fitting 3" down in there and without sacrificing major clearance that isn't even possible. Best to just match the downpipe size to the exhaust piping size like he is doing at 2.5"

802SHO

Quote from: TopherSho on August 31, 2018, 11:39:45 AM
Because of the bootsted nature,  any level of widening as long as it is done right helps spin-up and response of the turbos.  4" MIGHT be a bit much with the stokc snails but i defeer to those who have replaced their turbos for more accurate testimony..

as to sound.. ugh bigger pipes for SHO's == droney blatty awfullness... but my exhaust noise preferences are narrow.

I plan to be one and done with the exhaust.  It would be 2.5" turbo back, an xpipe, all stainless with the tips being quad 4" tips.  I will have to cut the plastic to get those tips on there. 

Thats my idea anyway!  I already have 4" tips.  The rear is so round and wide, I think those massive quad 4" tips in the pic above look fitting and I dare say would look even better on my SHO's rear end
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

Macgyver

There is good reason behind X pipes. Search Youtube. Plenty of "science"

ToMang07

~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

802SHO

Thank you guys for the input.  I will be going with an xpipe!

Jordan

Quote from: 802SHO on August 31, 2018, 03:56:03 PM
Thank you guys for the input.  I will be going with an xpipe!
Thought I might add this. This is full 2.5" with an x pipe. So it's what you should expect it to look like in the end. This is with pie cuts though.

802SHO

Jordan that looks perfect!  All the uneccessary parts removed.  Its simple and fully functional!  I love it!

Jordan

802SHO

Yes he does!  The shop I'm going to is really good too.  I've had some work done before on a different vehicle and was really happy.  I'll make sure to do a before and after as well as cold starts.  And I'll be honest....I like some drone

Jordan

For sure I am curious how it sounds. I am not too far off and I know I am loud, but it also is bassy at times from the resonators. Looking forward to hearing it!