• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Exhaust complete!

Started by BMC10SEC50, January 14, 2015, 11:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMC10SEC50

The Corsa kit is installed and the car is loud as hell! Hopefully this addition to my non-catted down pipes will give me a boost to hit 12.4. If not, a 12.5 is definitely in the future.
-2013 SHO PP with Unleashed 3 bar tune, CAI, plugs, thermostat, off road downpipes and Corsa exhaust. Best time to date is 12.26@112.47mph.
-1990 5.0 LX(original owner) 349 BOSS block, Twisted Wedge heads, Holley intake, Vortech Si trim. Made 636hp to the wheels with a street tune.

PokerMunkee

Awesome!  How is the sound at cruising speeds?  Still nice and quiet until you get on it?

I'm installing my Corsa CB in the next month.....been sitting in the garage for 6 months :/
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

QuickSilver

Is it the noise or the drone at a very specific RPM (mine drones at 1900-2100) under load that's too much?
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

BMC10SEC50

Very quiet while cruising but it gets really loud when you get on it!

Quote from: PokerMunkee on January 15, 2015, 12:25:52 AM
Awesome!  How is the sound at cruising speeds?  Still nice and quiet until you get on it?

I'm installing my Corsa CB in the next month.....been sitting in the garage for 6 months :/
-2013 SHO PP with Unleashed 3 bar tune, CAI, plugs, thermostat, off road downpipes and Corsa exhaust. Best time to date is 12.26@112.47mph.
-1990 5.0 LX(original owner) 349 BOSS block, Twisted Wedge heads, Holley intake, Vortech Si trim. Made 636hp to the wheels with a street tune.

alpine_jake

Iv personally been a bit bored with just dyno max mufflers on my car. Is the corsa worth the money in your opinion? A whole bolt on kit would be great!
2010 Non-pp pearl white, Torrie tuned, 3Bar, Dyno Max mufflers and polished 4"tips, 170 Thermo, slotted and drilled black rotors, ceramic pads, silver calipers, tinted tails, .030 NGK

IHeartGroceries

Such a quiet car. Least ways, the 13 pluses are. Really accommodating for my over-the-road naps during my commute every morning. Can't bring myself to ruin the serenity.
O_o
2013 SHO PP

ZSHO

Quote from: BMC10SEC50 on January 15, 2015, 03:04:36 AM

Bill congrats on the Corsa's,hopefully will meet up at the track again this spring.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Quote from: BMC10SEC50 on January 15, 2015, 03:04:36 AM

Six months in the garage,any signs of rust forming Munkee,if you were a little closer would probably give you a hand,LOL.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

PokerMunkee

Ha, thanks for the offer!  It's still in the box, so hopefully no rust.  Pretty dry up in the mountains.

I'm going to pay the local exhaust guy to install it, along with some down pipes.  No emissions here, so debating on cats or not.  Should I keep the stock exhaust or just have them scrap it?
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

ZSHO

Quote from: PokerMunkee on January 15, 2015, 11:43:06 AM
Ha, thanks for the offer!  It's still in the box, so hopefully no rust.  Pretty dry up in the mountains.

I'm going to pay the local exhaust guy to install it, along with some down pipes.  No emissions here, so debating on cats or not.  Should I keep the stock exhaust or just have them scrap it?
Whatever you decide to do,goodluck and enjoy.

wasinger3000

Quote from: PokerMunkee on January 15, 2015, 11:43:06 AM

You should keep it. There are always members looking for factory exhaust.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

panther427

Keep at least factory down pipes if you go non cat . In case you trade it in or move
2013 SHO

ZSHO

You should keep your DP'S just in case any major warranty issues arrise in the future,still have mine with just 3k on them.

BMC10SEC50

The Corsa kit has larger diameter pipes and deletes the third cat so its definitely worth it. Much better than just putting mufflers on if you want performance with the sound. This kit was very easy to install so you wont have any issues there.

Quote from: alpine_jake on January 15, 2015, 09:14:16 AM
Iv personally been a bit bored with just dyno max mufflers on my car. Is the corsa worth the money in your opinion? A whole bolt on kit would be great!

mval

i agree with z for sure keep the oem dp's just in case, the rest of exhaust unless you got a truck is going to be hard to tot since 1 piece. i was going to take atleast the tips, but they are welded on so i just let my guy dispose it. hopefully he made a couple $$ on it. cutting it in pieces like the corsa or in case borla is goofy.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen