• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake Pre-Order + EBPF Discount

Started by MDesign Performance, January 12, 2015, 03:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

So as of now a sealed correctly and insulated windstorm/AirRaid vs the MD is about equal all considered? Which one has the sounds? I want cheapest, most reliable performance without losing anything.  Don't care about noise or looks. I do like to be able to check my trans fluid and opens space for future alky meth reservoir. Everyone happy with their MD? Did the newer version with bigger air filter and insulation make a noticeable difference?  Thanks all!
Ps- I am in nj, ground level and terrible weather
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

The Airaid CAI IIRC is a bit louder. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

I believe the air raid gives a tad bit more turbo sound due to being open. If you want extra space in that area, the MDesign is the way to go. Frees up that corner. I have been happy with mine so far. I had a slight hiccup when a piece got warped during a long road trip but MDesign made it right after a couple talks with them.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)