• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake Pre-Order + EBPF Discount

Started by MDesign Performance, January 12, 2015, 03:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDesign Performance

Hello all, just a heads up that we are currently taking pre-orders for the MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake for the 2010+ EcoBoost Ford Taurus SHO, Explorer, Flex and EcoBoost Lincoln MKS and MKT. There are 12 remaining kits up for grabs that will be ready to be shipped in 2-3 weeks.

The prior group buy price is now the MSRP, $349.99 + $15.80 2-day shipping. For more information, pics and videos check us out on Facebook at http://facebook.com/MDesignParts.

For all EBPF members, receive a $25 discount when you like MDesign and Eco Power Parts on Facebook.

Contact me via PM, Facebook, or MDesignSales@gmail.com

2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

SHOdded

Now I have to get me one of them rides so I can buy this intake!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Jtrain

When is the store BMR going to actually have stuff on it?
2004 G35: Built Motor 8.8:1, Single Disc Kevlar Clutch, 3" Dual Turbo Back, G18 Twin Turbos, 18PSI, 600 Wheel HP
2007 Jeep SRT8 13.4 @104 Sold for....
2014 Ford Explorer Sport: K&N, .030 NGK plugs, 170 Tstat, 3Bar sensor, Tuned with SCT Tuner

MDesign Performance

Quote from: Jtrain on January 14, 2015, 02:06:57 PM
When is the store BMR going to actually have stuff on it?

If you are looking for anything to order I suggest shooting over a email to sales@blackmarketracing.net, I know they are still transitioning everything over though still are selling many products.

As far as the intakes there are now 11 remaining up for grabs, shoot us a email or PM if you are interested in purchasing one: MDesignSales@gmail.com
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

Jtrain

It's hard to know what I want to order since I have no idea what they are selling

besides this intake.

GL with pre-sales.
2004 G35: Built Motor 8.8:1, Single Disc Kevlar Clutch, 3" Dual Turbo Back, G18 Twin Turbos, 18PSI, 600 Wheel HP
2007 Jeep SRT8 13.4 @104 Sold for....
2014 Ford Explorer Sport: K&N, .030 NGK plugs, 170 Tstat, 3Bar sensor, Tuned with SCT Tuner

TSS

Just wanted to say I got my MDesign in the mail yesterday and assembled the unit last night in my basement (too cold to actually install....-13).

IT IS GORGEOUS!!!  FIT, FINISH, QUALITY are second to none.    Anybody considering this, you will not be disappointed.

Todd
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

ElvenSho

Did we ever figure out that this Intake system actually makes our cars more powerful/faster? That one Dyno thread did not convince me that its worth buying even though I agree it looks very nice! Any updates on the track times/dyno numbers comparing it to stock intake box?
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

ZSHO

I had the option to see the intake on Bigmoney X-SPORT,sure looked like a quality piece though,guess more numbers will be released as soon as the weather smooths out a bit.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

navbtcret

As soon as I can get to the track, looks like a few more months, I will have a test at the track. I will not be taking the stock intake, I will just compare it to my previous passes in similar conditions.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

MDesign Performance

We had a batch of intakes sent out earlier this week though as stated, as soon as the weather clears up we should see more real world results, aka track runs. Looking forward to this spring!

BiGMaC

Quote from: ElvenSho on February 19, 2015, 12:01:02 PM
Did we ever figure out that this Intake system actually makes our cars more powerful/faster? That one Dyno thread did not convince me that its worth buying even though I agree it looks very nice! Any updates on the track times/dyno numbers comparing it to stock intake box?
The SHO (mine at least) dyno'd +/- 3 WHP on BTB pulls with catted and non-catted PPE DPs when compared to completely removing the stock CAI assembly vs having it on... So here the Ford engineers seem to have hit a home run. So don't look for performance improvements overall.  I have  noticed that my tailpipe tips stopped shooting up (about 1k miles now), so if that is not due to the winter E10 gas here, then the possibility exists that the right tables to maximize the MDesign haven't been accessed. Current commercial tunes and stock won't do that if it is possible.
Just to be clear the non-catted do net about 5 WHP over catted and about 17 WHP over stock.  The comparison was with each individual set of DPs.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ElvenSho

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 20, 2015, 02:08:07 PM
The SHO (mine at least) dyno'd +/- 3 WHP on BTB pulls with catted and non-catted PPE DPs when compared to completely removing the stock CAI assembly vs having it on... So here the Ford engineers seem to have hit a home run. So don't look for performance improvements overall.  I have  noticed that my tailpipe tips stopped shooting up (about 1k miles now), so if that is not due to the winter E10 gas here, then the possibility exists that the right tables to maximize the MDesign haven't been accessed. Current commercial tunes and stock won't do that if it is possible.
Just to be clear the non-catted do net about 5 WHP over catted and about 17 WHP over stock.  The comparison was with each individual set of DPs.

Was this with the MDesign CAI from this thread?
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

BiGMaC

Quote from: ElvenSho on February 20, 2015, 04:11:08 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on February 20, 2015, 02:08:07 PM

What I tried to say is there was no difference between OEM. And no Intake or filter.... Just the saxophone 3.5" opening... Any CAI added to that is a restriction potentially. ... The problem is the saxophone, if there is any intake restriction.... Dynos are posted somewhere here.

Was this with the MDesign CAI from this thread?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

avidmotion

Any updates or new info.? On the fence,  either the MD or sealed insulated Windstorm /Air raid.....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

FearlessAZ

Quote from: avidmotion on June 02, 2017, 04:26:33 PM
Any updates or new info.? On the fence,  either the MD or sealed insulated Windstorm /Air raid.....

It has been out for a while now. Not sure what new info you are looking for. Both perform about the same. More of a sound and look preference.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)