• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Ford GT with 3.5L Ecoboost with better then 600HP and carbon fiber

Started by Scott13SHO, January 12, 2015, 10:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

anthonylee337

Most of us took the V6 plunge with our SHO by electing to buy a car that launches like a rocket with a engine growl and no smoke coming from the tires! I don't understand how so many ppl are down on the new GT because of the lack of a V8 engine. This is the muscle car of the future which I'm sure will sound great at WOT. It will be very disappointing if the 2016 SHO comes with the 2.7 instead of the 3.5 but I'm guessing being 1000lbs lighter with the 3.5 would make it an 11 second car and eat into the Mustang line. I still cannot wait to see the new model SHO but will hang onto mine for now especially if the 3.5 is not a option.
2013 SHO tuxedo black ppkg LMS stage 4 K+N

BiGMaC

Quote from: anthonylee337 on January 19, 2015, 08:34:51 PM
Most of us took the V6 plunge with our SHO by electing to buy a car that launches like a rocket with a engine growl and no smoke coming from the tires! I don't understand how so many ppl are down on the new GT because of the lack of a V8 engine. This is the muscle car of the future which I'm sure will sound great at WOT. It will be very disappointing if the 2016 SHO comes with the 2.7 instead of the 3.5 but I'm guessing being 1000lbs lighter with the 3.5 would make it an 11 second car and eat into the Mustang line. I still cannot wait to see the new model SHO but will hang onto mine for now especially if the 3.5 is not a option.
Just wait till the GT dominates race classes that the v8s can't even enter....
I do wish they'd make an SHO with the dual injection 600HP engine though.. I bet they have beefed up the tranny already for that one... that's a ray of hope.. have been contemplating a new one and keep current just for mods..I hope the 2.7 is only an option for the Taurus line.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

wasinger3000

The new explorer sport still gets the 3.5 but it's made for towing so it's anyone's guess on the sho.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOnUup

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 19, 2015, 09:23:36 PM
Quote from: anthonylee337 on January 19, 2015, 08:34:51 PM
Just wait till the GT dominates race classes that the v8s can't even enter....
I do wish they'd make an SHO with the dual injection 600HP engine though.. I bet they have beefed up the tranny already for that one... that's a ray of hope.. have been contemplating a new one and keep current just for mods..I hope the 2.7 is only an option for the Taurus line.
I like all of that. :D

Rich

crash712us

Unfortunately we had better come to accept that v8's are on the way out. New EPA laws are getting much more strict and v8's just don't meet the requirements. Word is here 2017 will be the last Mustang with a V8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

TSS

Donky444 (Don) and I saw it in person yesterday at the NAIAS. The GT is  gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous in person.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

SHOnUup

Quote from: crash712us on January 20, 2015, 07:20:49 AM
Unfortunately we had better come to accept that v8's are on the way out. New EPA laws are getting much more strict and v8's just don't meet the requirements. Word is here 2017 will be the last Mustang with a V8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Entering the days where cylinders are going to be outnumbered by gears in the tranny...

Rich

SHOnUup

SHOnUup

Wojomojo

400 grand and only a few hundred made??? There goes all hopes and dreams of putting my hands on one :'( haha. Guess I'll stick to my dream of having an 05/06 gt!
Justin "Wojo"

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO - non-pp, 20's, nav, massage seats - Torrie Tuned, Dynomax Mufflers, Magnaflow x pipe (3rd cat + resonator delete), 3 bar map, airaid CAI, SP534 .030 plugs. Meth injection and 170 degree thermostat soon! Plastidipped rims and other accessories. 344awhp and 375 awtq on a mustang dyno called "The Heart Breaker"

BiGMaC

Wojo... looks like a really retro move for Ford...
I remember when the Ford GT was first built specifically to beat Ferrari at the track.  They only made about 12 of those and they were pricey (still are!)... I think they are just trying to make a statement and feature the 3.5 GDI...
I would like to get specifics on what they changed when they tuned it to 600CHP... other than adding a MP fuel injection to the still used direct injection.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock