• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ecoboost engine swaps

Started by Rohan, January 10, 2015, 06:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

65fastback2+2

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on August 13, 2015, 11:49:12 PM
Quote from: 65fastback2+2 on August 13, 2015, 07:39:25 PM
proefi could run it
No it can't, no DI control.

I hadnt found anything it wouldnt...so good to know

motec and hydra will definitely do it

EcoBoostedF100

It now runs and drives just fine!

All electronics working as they should with exception to the airbag system which I have found a way to make work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f38Pipqik6U

SHOdded

Great to see it out & about!  Will it become the T-Rex of F100's?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

wasinger3000

Looks great!

A guy I know is doing a 5.0 swap right now in a Marauder. He didn't have to much trouble with it.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

65fastback2+2

Quote from: EcoBoostedF100 on August 25, 2015, 03:29:11 AM
It now runs and drives just fine!

All electronics working as they should with exception to the airbag system which I have found a way to make work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f38Pipqik6U

good job! And congrats on seeing it through even after you got ill

SHOnUup

Congrats

Cool project for sure

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

AJP turbo

Where did you source your IDS and VCM II from? Did you have to do any special PMI's or did you just use all the components and modules from your donor truck?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

EcoBoostedF100

Quote from: SHOdded on August 25, 2015, 03:40:59 AM
Great to see it out & about!  Will it become the T-Rex of F100's?

Not sure where it will go from here but plan is to keep plugging away until its really done and on the road as my daily driver.

My daily driver for over 8yrs was a '02 7.3L Diesel which I sold after Christmas last year to help finance this project. Its not been fun in the high heat without a/c. (driving another '66 truck)

EcoBoostedF100

Quote from: ajpturbo on August 25, 2015, 09:33:49 PM
Where did you source your IDS and VCM II from? Did you have to do any special PMI's or did you just use all the components and modules from your donor truck?

I bought it from a Local ford tech who was retiring. I then had to purchase the license which set me back 700.00 per year . .

thestormgva

I called Ford Racing today, the PCM is in production and will be available at the end of October. We can order it now, the part number is m-6017-35CNTRL seems to run about 2200.00. I am looking for a shop that will do the swap for me as I don't have the time or the skills. Any info would be great.

AJP turbo

Quote from: EcoBoostedF100 on August 26, 2015, 04:28:25 PM

I bought it from a Local ford tech who was retiring. I then had to purchase the license which set me back 700.00 per year . .

That sucks...it could be free if u want...the Chinese electronics are great lol...I have a vcmii from china...its awsome
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

65fastback2+2

eric brooks has pats disabling on some of the newer pcm's now, and ecoboost ones are only a matter of time.

means you can use a factory computer and wiring harness on a swap

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on September 11, 2015, 12:38:13 PM
Quote from: EcoBoostedF100 on August 26, 2015, 04:28:25 PM

That sucks...it could be free if u want...the Chinese electronics are great lol...I have a vcmii from china...its awsome

Link?