• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ecoboost engine swaps

Started by Rohan, January 10, 2015, 06:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rohan

Hi guys

I am trying to get into contact with anyone who has bought a 3.5 ecoboost and transplanted it into any other car body shell . I have a ford sierra/xr4ti that I race in rally. I want to install the 3.5 ecoboost but I am wondering what problems I may encounter..if I could talk to someone who has done it before it would be great

SHOnUup

Transmission support for it...no upgraded trans out there

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

281Thunder

For an XR4Ti, I'd think you'd want an F150 3.5, due to it being mounted the correct way for your RWD need. Not sure what trans you could mate up with it for RWD duty. I would imagine the bellhousing pattern would be the same as any 2.5/3.0/3.5 Duratec engine (totally guessing here, but based off of Ford engine 'families)...
2011 SHO

SHOdded

Maybe mated to a Ranger transmission?  Would there be room to put in an F150 6R80 with a shortened driveshaft?
http://www.shoforum.com/index.php?threads/sho-v6-into-a-99-ranger.127183/
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

QuickSilver

Modern day SHO-Gun 8)  Jay Leno approves!
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

BiGMaC

How about a change out for the new dual injection 3.5 that debuted in the new GT... Likely has a beefed up tranny since it's 600 CHP... PTU might be another issue though. Still... There's a swap!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoPowerParts

No standalone control for DI unless you spend over $10K from my understanding....
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoBoostedF100

I am in middle of a swap now. I am sure I will run into a few more snags along the way but hope to have it running in next 60 days or less. Or by April 1st 2015

aj hartman

NASA NE American Iron Champion 2013
AJHartmanracing.com
AJHartmanAero.com

EcoPowerParts

He's still having issues, I read that HP tuners is going to let you turn off all the VATS and body computers soon, let's hope it's right which will allow for swaps to begin. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoBoostedF100

Quote from: aj hartman on August 11, 2015, 06:39:30 PM
Any updates?

I am very close to driving the truck.

A issue I was having and until i did a diagnosis I was unaware that someone turned the key on and spun the steering wheel a dozen or so times thats without the steering hooked up.  i was getting all kinds of weird feedback. Someone fessed up "after" I figured out the clockspring was toast.

No other codes except for restraint system at this time.

When I fired it up in March for 1st time I did not have a CAC~Intercooler hooked up.

I just finished building a all new system from turbo's to the CAC and back up to TB. Installing it now this evening.

I was being stubborn and wanted to install the largest cooler I could 24" x 12" x 4.5". Took a "bit" of customization . .

A couple pics . .

EcoBoostedF100

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on August 11, 2015, 06:58:05 PM
He's still having issues, I read that HP tuners is going to let you turn off all the VATS and body computers soon, let's hope it's right which will allow for swaps to begin. :)

No issue's here . .

In my contact with HP Tuner's I was told someone is giving out false info . .

Earlier today I was told this regarding a post in my build thread.

Sounds like whoever posted that is missinformed.

So at this time and by utilizing so many components from the F150 I should have not have any issues. Sure glad I did not wait for a pak to come out.

I would like to do another eco engine swap but will wait for Ford Performance for their "kit".

EcoPowerParts

Right the key is basically a full wiring harness/multiple computer swap right now. I'm hoping that something is available soon. I'm going to need it for my race truck when I gut the dash and remove as much as I can for weight. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SHOdded

Quote from: EcoBoostedF100 on August 12, 2015, 11:28:07 PM
So at this time and by utilizing so many components from the F150 I should have not have any issues. Sure glad I did not wait for a pak to come out.
Nice work on the IC, this project has been very interesting to follow!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

65fastback2+2