• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

rear captain seats

Started by TTSport15, January 07, 2015, 07:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMunkee

I'd go for a 2016 or keep the SHO.  That's my opinion :)
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

double c

Quote from: JagerBomb on November 18, 2015, 02:12:44 AM
This is making my decision harder. Im wanting to trade in my sho for the explore sport. The catch is it has to be similarly trimmed. My SHO had everything in it and I've gotten used to it. I want to keep my high level of comfort in my car if i can. lol

Look at the Platinum Edition Explorer. All the good stuff you want.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic  Stage 4+ My DD (Gone Girl)

2013 Escape Titanium Sterling Gray Metallic 2.0 EB  XYL's DD

2016 Explorer Sport: Ingot Silver Metallic: CQuartz-Finest My DD

TTSport15

Quote from: PokerMunkee on November 17, 2015, 09:59:19 PM
Looks like 2014 and newer had the option of the middle console.  So 2013 XSport didn't have it as an option.  Good info in this thread!

Also read on another forum the Flex's console is a direct fit in the Explorer... it's refrigerated if you hookup the wiring!

Make sure you know what package/options the XSport has... a lot are basic (rentals) and have no push button start, heated seats/wheel, etc.  You know it's loaded to the max if it has adaptive CC, heated/cooled seats, pano roof, and middle captains. 

Also note the heated steering wheel became available for 2015+ models.
I have all that but the captains
I Bleed BLue

Ryan02Stang

Quote from: PokerMunkee on November 16, 2015, 12:31:05 AM
Yeah, Ford really missed it on this in the Explorer.  In 2015 and older, the Sport model's middle row buckets couldn't have a console option.  The non Sports could get the console.  No armrests on all middle captains.

I'm not sure if they changed this for 2016.

One thing I like about my wife's Nissan Armada's middle captains, the seats have armrests and there is a center console that is easily removable with a latch.  We removed it after buying it for easy access to 3rd row.  But it's nice to put in on road trips when the 3rd row is down for luggage and only 4 passengers.
I have a 2015 Explorer Sport with buckets and the center console in the rear.  I took the console out because its easier for my kids to get to the third row, but it came in the car. 

I'll see if I can find my window sticker to post a pic.
2015 Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, Unleashed
2002 Mustang GT, Vortech Supercharged