• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

rear captain seats

Started by TTSport15, January 07, 2015, 07:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTSport15

do they make captain style seats for the explorers? I dont have  the rear center consol so there is nowhere for passengers to put thier arms...
I Bleed BLue

Airbornemaikai

On my limited I had the 2nd row buckets and there were no arm rests

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160ยบ Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

JagerBomb

I am thinking about trading in my SHO for the Explore Sport. I've been seeing some pictures that have the second row captains chairs. Is there a center console for it or something that should go there? It looks silly to have that empty space there and no armrests for the second row passengers. 
2013 SHO PP - LMS V8 93 Tune, 3 Bar, LMS Catted DP's - SOLD

2015 Explorer Sport - In need of mods.

2010 Jeep SRT8 with a ProCharger and lots of boost!

PokerMunkee

Yeah, Ford really missed it on this in the Explorer.  In 2015 and older, the Sport model's middle row buckets couldn't have a console option.  The non Sports could get the console.  No armrests on all middle captains.

I'm not sure if they changed this for 2016.

One thing I like about my wife's Nissan Armada's middle captains, the seats have armrests and there is a center console that is easily removable with a latch.  We removed it after buying it for easy access to 3rd row.  But it's nice to put in on road trips when the 3rd row is down for luggage and only 4 passengers.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

s1krr

You should be able to get a console i believe for it from a non sport model. I read something on it from another forum

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

jmr061

Yes the 16 is available with the 2nd row center console.  It is a $150 sticker item I believe.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

double c

2016 X Sport does have the second row bucket seats and second row console as options.  $695 and $150 respectively on my sticker.  Seats are very comfortable and console is very useful. Love mine.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic  Stage 4+ My DD (Gone Girl)

2013 Escape Titanium Sterling Gray Metallic 2.0 EB  XYL's DD

2016 Explorer Sport: Ingot Silver Metallic: CQuartz-Finest My DD

PokerMunkee

Did they finally put armrests on the middle captains for '16?  A center console sucks when you have car seats and want to get into rear.
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

jmr061

Quote from: PokerMunkee on November 16, 2015, 11:28:08 PM
Did they finally put armrests on the middle captains for '16?  A center console sucks when you have car seats and want to get into rear.

Negative.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

JagerBomb

Quote from: PokerMunkee on November 16, 2015, 12:31:05 AM
Yeah, Ford really missed it on this in the Explorer.  In 2015 and older, the Sport model's middle row buckets couldn't have a console option.  The non Sports could get the console.  No armrests on all middle captains.

I'm not sure if they changed this for 2016.

One thing I like about my wife's Nissan Armada's middle captains, the seats have armrests and there is a center console that is easily removable with a latch.  We removed it after buying it for easy access to 3rd row.  But it's nice to put in on road trips when the 3rd row is down for luggage and only 4 passengers.
Just so I'm clear, if I get say a 2013-2014 sport and it happens to have the rear buckets, it won't have a console or armrest in between the seats. It will just be empty space? I've seen some sport ones with a center console and some without?

hawkeye93

The second row console has always been a separate option for Explorers with second row bucket seats.  My 2015 Sport has the console: the 2nd row bucket seats were $695, and the 2nd row console was another $150.

If you get an Explorer without the console, it can be added (purchase from dealer), but it's more expensive than it would be from the factory.

There are no armrests on the second row bucket seats.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

JagerBomb

Quote from: hawkeye93 on November 17, 2015, 03:10:13 PM
The second row console has always been a separate option for Explorers with second row bucket seats.  My 2015 Sport has the console: the 2nd row bucket seats were $695, and the 2nd row console was another $150.

If you get an Explorer without the console, it can be added (purchase from dealer), but it's more expensive than it would be from the factory.

There are no armrests on the second row bucket seats.

Okay thats not too bad. So long as I can put something in the void. Thanks

vernonator

I have a '15 XSport with the captains chairs, no console. The problem you would have (imho) WITH a console is access to the3 3rd row. You would always have to move/flip the second row to get into the back. With the gap you just walk thru to the back. Just an opinon but I like not having a center console in the middle
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

PokerMunkee

Looks like 2014 and newer had the option of the middle console.  So 2013 XSport didn't have it as an option.  Good info in this thread!

Also read on another forum the Flex's console is a direct fit in the Explorer... it's refrigerated if you hookup the wiring!

Make sure you know what package/options the XSport has... a lot are basic (rentals) and have no push button start, heated seats/wheel, etc.  You know it's loaded to the max if it has adaptive CC, heated/cooled seats, pano roof, and middle captains. 

Also note the heated steering wheel became available for 2015+ models.
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

JagerBomb

This is making my decision harder. Im wanting to trade in my sho for the explore sport. The catch is it has to be similarly trimmed. My SHO had everything in it and I've gotten used to it. I want to keep my high level of comfort in my car if i can. lol