• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

That didn't take long! Which NNJ dealer for body work?

Started by maskedmarvel, February 21, 2015, 02:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maskedmarvel

Is it wrong that I want to shed a few tears? Car was parked in front of my office today and some jerk in an Audi SUV slammed the brakes and went sliding into my front driver fender! #@*%! Is this something I should go to the dealer for? It is a 2013 CPO with 14K miles. If so, which North Jersey dealer has a good body shop?

SHOdded

Argh!  Feel fer ya!  Hope they get ya squared away proper ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bigmoneycloser

Lester Glenn auto group in toms river, nj has a good body shop. They are a ford dealer and certified with NJ manufacturers..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

ZSHO

Feel for you dude,thank god nobody was inside the car or hurt,is the car driveable? if possible can you post some pics so we can properly evaluate the condition,best of luck to you.Z.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

maskedmarvel

Thanks for the replies everyone. Yes, the best part is that it was parked and that the other drivers are A-Ok. He was a gentleman and very apologetic while I copied his insurance info in my office. He prefers to pay cash for the repairs. The damages are to the front driver fender and that corner of the bumper, and scratchtes on the headlamp. Mostly scratches and small denting. I assume I should ask that the body parts be replaced instead of patched/filled. I will try to snap a photo tomorrow.

SHOdded

Be sure to have the suspension & brakes inspected thoroughly also, as problems in that area tend to crop up later.  If the frame was bent at all, that would NOT be good.  Paying cash would help avoid a rate hike on his part, but will probably not get you a "replacement value" settlement for the loss your SHO will suffer in market value.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

maskedmarvel

Do insurance companies usually compensate for loss of market value? I am new to most of this. I was planning on taking to an authorized Ford shop to get an accurate quote for doing the job correctly.

SHOdded

You have to ask your insurance company to get you replacement value(RV), they won't do it on their own.  The value of your vehicle drops after an accident, so you absorb the loss if you don't ask for RV.  A couple of folks on this forum have experience with this, hope they chime in soon!
http://www.ameriprise.com/auto-home-insurance/learning-center/understanding-insurance/understanding-insurance-coverage/understanding-replacement-cost-coverage.asp

bigmoneycloser

If there was no police report and he is not reporting to his ins company and paying cash for the repairs.... Then I would not call my own ins company at all....
Then there is no report of accident or LOSS OF MARKET VALUE...
I would take it to ford dealer and get quote to replace all damaged parts with factory parts and labor and hand this guy the bill...
Then it's like the accident never happened.
Have the dealer pull the damaged body parts off and check the frame, brakes and suspension like other suggested..
You should be good
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

ZSHO

X2,AGGREED with BMC,hopefully this guy pays up after seeing that estimate from Ford,if everything goes smooth no loss on your end and no police report =no car fax history(just makes you wonder how accurate car fax is huh)best of luck to you and keep us updated.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

maskedmarvel

Thanks for the replies.

Just spoke with an attorney friend. He wants me to get the estimate from a Ford dealer, tack on $3,500.00 for depreciation,  and add rental car costs. If the guy balks, he gets one phone call from the attorney. If he still doesn't pay up, we go immediately to his insurance.

My attorney's reasoning for wanting me to go after loss of value, is that it could come out a later date that damage occurred with paint gauges and other detection methods.

markssho

No police report, no insurance claim, no records.
If the repairs are perfect, then later owners won't know. :-)
Saw an MKS on a lot this summer my dad was looking at. Had a clean record, but had paint overspray and runs everywhere. Dealer was stuck with it and hoping for an unsuspecting customer.
2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC