• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

I want to De badge my lift gate

Started by TTSport15, January 03, 2015, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTSport15

Any1 know if there are any alignment holes under the Sport and Ecoboost emblems on rear of 2015 explorer sport? Thnx..
I Bleed BLue

ZSHO

Quote from: TTSport15 on January 03, 2015, 03:33:23 PM
Any1 know if there are any alignment holes under the Sport and Ecoboost emblems on rear of 2015 explorer sport? Thnx..
There should not be any kind of holes in regards to alignment purposes,the main ford logo has holes with plastic rivets to hold it in place.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TTSport15

I want to get rid of the Sport n Eco boost badge sp
I Bleed BLue

ZSHO

I removed my taurus emblem a while back with a blowdriver and a real thin fishing line,first put some masking tape around the emblem to be removed as a safeguard from any paint damage,set blowdriver to low heat and after a couple of minutes use the fishing line with two hands and try to pull the emblem out gently so no glue is left behind,,repeat step one if necessary,some wax or glaze after completed will be beneficial,patience is the key and also a friendbut not mandatory,hope this helps,good luck.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TTSport15

Thanks I kn ow how to remove them I just dont want to be surprised by any holes under'em...I guess I'll just go for it and see what we get...
I Bleed BLue

bigmoneycloser

No holes when I removed mine.
14 Xsport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

TTSport15

I removed them the other day no issues heat gun and a plastic spackle knife...Now I have to wait till the weather breaks so I can compound the spot were the old emblems were u can still make out the writing ....
I Bleed BLue

ZSHO

I figured there should not be any holes there,hopefully it warms up a bit so you can remove the writing left behind,in my case all the salt left behind,best of luck to you.

TTSport15

the salt here as well what part of NY u in?
I Bleed BLue

ZSHO

TTSport15

Im out on the island but work in NYC...
I Bleed BLue