• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Thanks Livernois

Started by KrotzRocket, August 04, 2015, 08:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrotzRocket

Yesterday I installed my Windstorm tuner package and 3bar in my 2015/PP SHO . I loaded the 91 octane tune cause I only had 92 octane in the tank and headed out for a test drive. A few miles later I was on a quiet back road and everything was up temp so I stopped and nailed the throttle. I found myself instinctively countersteering because the front tires had lost grip and again chirped the tires going into second and my grin was now ear to ear all the way to 100 or so, then I turned around and made another run. Then my son who knew where I was testing showed up with his 13 Charger RT awd with Magnaflow exhaust and CAI so we lined up and this time I just rolled into the throttle for the first car length because I was spinning before but I had already pulled ahead and the shift to second barked the tires again and at 100 mph I had 7 to 8 car lengths on him. We got back to my house and he was wondering how many thousands he was going to spend to catch the SHO. I ALMOST felt sorry for him, but I still have that ear to ear grin.

PokerMunkee

Ha, good post!

I bet your tuned SHO is a second faster in the 1/4 than his stockish Charger R/T. 
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: KrotzRocket on August 04, 2015, 08:41:43 PM
Yesterday I installed my Windstorm tuner package and 3bar in my 2015/PP SHO . I loaded the 91 octane tune cause I only had 92 octane in the tank and headed out for a test drive. A few miles later I was on a quiet back road and everything was up temp so I stopped and nailed the throttle. I found myself instinctively countersteering because the front tires had lost grip and again chirped the tires going into second and my grin was now ear to ear all the way to 100 or so, then I turned around and made another run. Then my son who knew where I was testing showed up with his 13 Charger RT awd with Magnaflow exhaust and CAI so we lined up and this time I just rolled into the throttle for the first car length because I was spinning before but I had already pulled ahead and the shift to second barked the tires again and at 100 mph I had 7 to 8 car lengths on him. We got back to my house and he was wondering how many thousands he was going to spend to catch the SHO. I ALMOST felt sorry for him, but I still have that ear to ear grin.

Glad to hear everything went well and you enjoy the tune!

That is an awesome feeling when you know your sleeper Taurus can walk all over a Hemi.  The hidden potential that is just waiting to be unleashed in these EcoBoost platforms is just phenomenal.  I tell new EcoBoost owners similar examples on the phone / PC all day.  To gain the type of power these vehicles do for roughly $1000, would cost a traditional v8 performance vehicle's owner roughly 5-7k.  Typical Hemi car for example would need some major add ons such as a supercharger to pick up the type of HP and TQ that a tuned SHO with minor bolt ons would gain.

Thank you for your business and sharing this awesome feedback as well.  Enjoy the newly found performance of your SHO and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. 

dappie99

Quote from: KrotzRocket on August 04, 2015, 08:41:43 PM

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing your positive experience.

2013blksho

coop6

OP, thanks for your post and congrats. I just bought a '13 PPSHO with 26k miles. I has bumper to bumper warranty until may of '19 or 100k. I'm worried my warranty will be voided if I install a tune. Any advice? My buddy is a tech at ford and says just keep the stock parts and we could reinstall if issues arise.Is that pretty safe??

DerricksSho

It is a great feeling pulling away from V8's in a 4300 pound tank with heated seats and hand warmers. Good post
BrewCityBoost tuned,3 Bar, LMS thermostat
CAI M-Design upgraded stock turbo's
LMS down pipes (Catless) 3" Custom exhaust
H&R springs with spacers 275 40/20 4 corners Power Stop drilled and slotted rotters.... MODS must go on!!