• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Digital Endoscope

Started by slurppie, July 06, 2015, 10:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slurppie

I've been wanting one for a while for odd projects and the occasional curiosity fix but held off due to price shock. I came across the Teslong model while crusing around Amazon and figured that for the price, it was worth a shot. Not to mention the return policy seems pretty decent. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FF4UXM6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Overall it's not a bad device though the cable is pretty stiff and it can be a chore to hold 5M worth of cable while scoping something and the fact that you have to have a micro SD card to enable the menu system. With that in mind,  I was able to look at the vent area on my PTU after suspecting that something was leaking...

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

SHOdded

Not bad at all!  Can we expect pics of pistons and valves next :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Decent pics! Found you leak... Kind looks like a boil over to me.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

slurppie

Quote from: SHOdded on July 06, 2015, 11:37:06 PM

As soon as I find time I plan on scoping the intake / valves.
Quote from: BiGMaC on July 07, 2015, 12:19:56 AM

I don't hammer the car that much and with the extra cooling from the PP package, I'm a little shocked. It definitely is coming from the vent cap. I can only imagine what it would look like after driving on some road course.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

14 TUX BL

Why didn't you just bring it to the dealer to check for leaks/repair?

ecoboostsho

Quote from: slurppie on July 07, 2015, 06:21:02 AM

Quote from: SHOdded on July 06, 2015, 11:37:06 PM

As soon as I find time I plan on scoping the intake / valves.
Quote from: BiGMaC on July 07, 2015, 12:19:56 AM

I don't hammer the car that much and with the extra cooling from the PP package, I'm a little shocked. It definitely is coming from the vent cap. I can only imagine what it would look like after driving on some road course.
Curious what year is your car, how many miles, and have you ever swapped out the PTU fluid?  I purchased a 2013 PP hoping to avoid issues with the PTU thanks to the cooling...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

slurppie

Quote from: 14 TUX BL on July 07, 2015, 08:52:11 AM
Why didn't you just bring it to the dealer to check for leaks/repair?

I mentioned it last time I took it  in for an oil change. Of course I received the typical "the tech didn't see anything wrong" response.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

slurppie

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 07, 2015, 09:18:57 AM

Curious what year is your car, how many miles, and have you ever swapped out the PTU fluid?  I purchased a 2013 PP hoping to avoid issues with the PTU thanks to the cooling...

2013 PP/ 33K miles / negative on the PTU flush/fill but at this rate, it might just end up being a fill (joke)

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

ecoboostsho

Quote from: slurppie on July 07, 2015, 09:40:11 AM
Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 07, 2015, 09:18:57 AM

2013 PP/ 33K miles / negative on the PTU flush/fill but at this rate, it might just end up being a fill (joke)

Thanks!  Well that's depressing.  Do you watch your PTU temp with Torque (or something equivalent)?  I have been monitoring mine and it will heat up pretty quickly if I drive aggressively (especially in sport mode) but I haven't seen anything over 185 and it will actually cool back down a bit if I slow down.  It's very speed dependent as well which is unfortunate since we have a 70 MPH speed limit and I often am traveling 80...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

slurppie

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 07, 2015, 09:49:50 AM
Thanks!  Well that's depressing.  Do you watch your PTU temp with Torque (or something equivalent)?  I have been monitoring mine and it will heat up pretty quickly if I drive aggressively (especially in sport mode) but I haven't seen anything over 185 and it will actually cool back down a bit if I slow down.  It's very speed dependent as well which is unfortunate since we have a 70 MPH speed limit and I often am traveling 80...

I haven't used Torque to monitor and honestly wouldn't even know how to if it requires custom configs (I'm too lazy to read through the pages of custom PID's/settings everyone has come up with).
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

14 TUX BL

Quote from: slurppie on July 07, 2015, 09:35:22 AMI mentioned it last time I took it  in for an oil change. Of course I received the typical "the tech didn't see anything wrong" response.

Apparently, he didn't "see" because he didn't "look". Ouch ...