• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Found oil while changing spark plugs

Started by ddlopes, November 04, 2014, 03:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

So this morning I was installing new spark plugs in my 2013 Sho pp with 23,000 miles and noticed approximately 2" oil sitting in the hole once I removed the drenched coil. Now the plug in question was in front bank middle plug. I replaced the all 3 rear bank plugs with no issues. And also replace front bank left plug which also had no issues. Has anyone experienced this problem in the past. The car is now at ford to be fixed.
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

navbtcret

It is the seal on the valve cover, mine had the same thing happen to it. Ford replaced the seal and no issues since.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

ddlopes

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for an easy fix. I'll let you know what Ford says tomorrow.
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ddlopes

Quote from: navbtcret on November 04, 2014, 03:58:39 PM
It is the seal on the valve cover, mine had the same thing happen to it. Ford replaced the seal and no issues since.

You were right it was the valve cover seal. Now did they replace your coil? I question the service manager if they were replacing mine. But he didn't get back to me today. I'm picking up the car tomorrow. I guess I'll find out then...

navbtcret

Quote from: ddlopes on November 05, 2014, 07:38:48 PM
Quote from: navbtcret on November 04, 2014, 03:58:39 PM

You were right it was the valve cover seal. Now did they replace your coil? I question the service manager if they were replacing mine. But he didn't get back to me today. I'm picking up the car tomorrow. I guess I'll find out then...

There is no issue with the coil so they did not replace it.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

PokerMunkee

Is the best way to inspect for oil before removing plug?  If there is oil, then take to dealer for repair?

I have a feeling mine will have this common issue when I swap out plugs later.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

peppelepugh

I'm going to be swapping plugs out in about 2 weeks. I'm hoping I don't encounter this issue.
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

ZSHO

Its usually the rear thats mostly affected and especially the #6 plug the one closest to the drivers side,you could simply remove the coils with a 8mm socket and check the bottom of the boot,if dry you should be good to go,on my car been waiting for the dealer to install the updated rear valve cover and pcv,on the XSPORTS the front are mostly affected.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|