• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New 2015 EchoBoost Mustang

Started by SD13SHO, December 03, 2014, 03:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD13SHO

I went in for a test drive and left two hours later in a 2015 Magnetic Metallic Mustang ECB Premium with the Saddle leather interior, 6 sp paddle shifted auto. So far, this is one sweet machine.
"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time"

2015 Mustang EchoBoost

SHOdded

Congrats!  Hope this Mustang treats you right like theh '13 SHO :thumb:  An updated pic of your stable when weather allows would be nice!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Very nice!

Back that thing out into the sun, let us see her shine.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

MDesign Performance

Congrats! I'm tempted to trade the MKS for a EB 'Stang but the MKS wins for the winter weather we have here in Michigan unfortunately, or any other sports car really :/

(Except for a GTR...)
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

SD13SHO

Thanks everyone. It was 9F and blowing snow (7 below zero) when I took the Avatar photo on Monday. The weather is clearing looks to be nice tomorrow, so photos may be in the works.  No snow driving yet, but the car comes with a Wet/Snow setting along with three other "driving Modes" and three settings for the adjustable steering. And, no Pirelli tires, but GoodYears that had fairly positive write ups on Tire Rack.

One thing I noticed today, it is hard to keep your foot out of it. She is very responsive and once the RPM's climb, sounds very nice. Cruising on the Interstate, with only 111 miles on her I was getting 28.9 mpg at 75.

2015 Mustang EchoBoost

SHOnUup

Hate to do this to you so soon but I just saw this posted.

Fuel supply tube assembly replacement recall on 2.3 ecoboost.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

I guess they released the beta-version of the fuel supply tube by mistake.  Oopsie.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

^^^haha...

See the one on there about rotor covers...that's funny

Rich

mval

let's hope it's nothing like the 1.6 they put into the fusions & escapes. now the 2.0 that i have has had no issues.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

IHeartGroceries

Is the 1.6l a problematic engine?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

mval

'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SD13SHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on December 04, 2014, 09:30:32 AM
Hate to do this to you so soon but I just saw this posted.

Fuel supply tube assembly replacement recall on 2.3 ecoboost.

Rich

I just checked My Ford and there is no recall listed for my car.  It was just built, so I am hoping this was caught on the line and corrected, and it was the early builds that have the problem...wishfull thinking.  Ford was good about posting the fuel module recall for the SHO on line, and I am hoping not seeing it is a good sign.

2015 Mustang EchoBoost

SHOnUup

That's what I've heard too. Early builds only affected.

Rich

SD13SHO

Well, drove to the dealer this morning to pick up my spare tire kit (nice alloy wheel - Not the black steelie with yellow warnings all over it) and, talked to the service folks. They ran the VIN and said my EB was not involved in the recall.  So, I went ahead and paid for it :)  Had the salesperson sweating for a while since I had not made the payment or received the title papers from them. So far, all is good. Took the wife to lunch in the Black Hills, about 100 miles round trip, and averaged 31 mpg for the drive. She handles the twisties really nice with the sport mode engaged for steering.

2015 Mustang EchoBoost

SHOdded

Keep us filled in with the adventures as they come your way :)