• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MDesign Intake review-bigmoneycloser

Started by bigmoneycloser, November 25, 2014, 08:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

I do like the looks of the setup there though :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MDesign Performance

Quote from: SHOdded on January 22, 2015, 05:33:08 PM
I do like the looks of the setup there though :)

Thank you! I try my best to make everything look good, even the prototypes ;)

Nothing beats the class and sophistication of genuine carbon fiber though! :chay:
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

91hybrid

Quote from: 91hybrid on January 21, 2015, 04:47:57 PM
Does it really matter if it is +2 degrees above ambient?  With the obvious sensor error exhibited in this thread it's probably safe to say that the intake is getting as close to ambient temp air as possible (below is impossible) right now. Good job MDesign on that specific kpi (key performance indicator).

John

Why a few degrees doesn't really matter:

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4262.msg66240/topicseen.html#new
2014 SHO -PP, Unleashed Tuned, 3bar, Devils Own 100% meth, PPE catted down pipes, 3rd cat delete, Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, 170 deg, NGK 7's plugs, hot pipes - White Platinum 401a
418 whp - 513 wlb/ft
non meth 13.11@103.6 (knock limited)
Meth pass 11.991@114.28

Boost4Life

EDITED for argumentative nature of posting carried over from another forum/location.

avidmotion

Ok.....I have read 10 pages of heated arguments over this intake. I am on the fence, either a sealed insulted Windstorm/Air raid or this MD cai. Icare only of reliable performance need no extra noises don't want to loose anything. What happened to the two end all dyno runs with the MD,? Do I assume they not go well so no mention of results? Anymore info, updates?
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

Here is a comparison between three intakes,hope this helps any. Z
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4705.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|