• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Any functionality missing?

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 18, 2013, 03:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Two items of info:

First, I get a new message notification on loading any page on the server as soon as the pm posts... It appears in a colored dialog box at the top with a link to go to the message.  I also get an email notification of new messages via the email I registered on the forum signup.

Second... and this may be unique.  For images uploaded to the EBF server (not those linked from photobucket, etc.which just appear in the posts) clicking on the link for a non-displayed pic gets me an empty image file downloaded, BUT left click in the blank area where the pic should be overlays my browser transparent darkened window field with a gallery to view all the pics posted within a given individual post. This field has a string of small preview boxes at the bottom for selection of individual pics, or the entire thing will play like a slideshow.  It just takes a minute or so to load depending on the number of pics... and I suspect the image files are large and likely Hi-Def. 
The important point is the functionality is apparently there. It just wasn't intuitive due to the speed of loading... which could even be my connection.

Hope this helps others who have had a simiar "problem"

It is interesting to me that my phone and tablet (both iOS7) display avatars... while all my computers (5 in three locations tried with MacOS (two versions) and Win 7) and every browser but Chrome only display some, while others are blank outlines or malformed/incompletely loaded... This could be a java issue or a server timeout on communications (ping) issue.... more after I figure this one out.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

BiGMaC

It would be convenient if there was an indication on any page that the given thread was bookmarked, or maybe a "bookmarks" popup contextual menu so the user could check quickly themselves or even jump to the bookmarked page.

Just a thought

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

BiGMaC

Love the shout box on every page!

fatmanracing2013flex

I can't upload a photo. The "Category" button is truncated. How do i get this to the site admin??

FoMoCoSHO

I don't see the truncated category you referred to.

Looks like your AV pic uploaded correctly.

limited02

Didn't read the whole thread, but the one thing I'm not seeing is a multi-quote button. 

SHOdded

There isn't any.  Just click the QUOTE button on every post you intend to respond to, they will all be added to your reply post box.  Add your replies, then click on POST.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

limited02

Quote from: SHOdded on March 06, 2016, 06:50:01 PM
There isn't any.  Just click the QUOTE button on every post you intend to respond to, they will all be added to your reply post box.  Add your replies, then click on POST.

Perfect!