• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My trip to Livernois fall Customer Appreciation Day

Started by SHOnUup, November 16, 2014, 11:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

After mother nature spoiled the first date for this event, we had to shuffle around plans and get the kids a sitter so the wife and I could make this one. That being said, we still had a 40% chance of rain on the forecast and decided we were going to show up regardless of the weather. You know, cant waste a sitter!
     Once the boys were set I snuck to the car wash for a quick no touch wash. With all that could've went wrong this morning going wrong(picking up 1st grader I caught him during a fire drill, on way to get the 6th grader I was stuck behind a dump truck that was breaking down and couldn't muster more than 20 mph for the 4 miles I followed him as he gave up the driveway before the school), we were an hour behind schedule and finally off. Just as we leave the house it starts to sprinkle(obviously because I had to wash the car) and that quickly turns into a 5 minute downpour. Living an hour from Milan Dragway I still had hopes of it not raining there. But when we hit another set of showers about half way there I thought we weren't racing for sure but we had come to far to turn around.
     Plus we were meeting Bamsho(Brian) there after his long drive in from PA. No way I could let a little rain stop a relatively short hour drive at this point. As we got off the e-way a few miles out, the side roads were puddled pretty bad and thought for sure we wouldn't be racing. Turned out to be pretty nice.

SIDE NOTE: Some of the worst side roads in the state to get there once of the e-way.

As we pulled into Milan there was a roar of large blowers drying the track. I guess they actually had hail pelting them for awhile with some good rain as they were trying to setup. So we hung out with Bamsho and others for about an hour while they finished drying the track. Bunch of great people to talk to there and when we heard the PA come to life we all got that excited look and parted ways to get the cars in line for inspections! Turned out to be a pretty nice day.

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

After the inspections and getting numbered up, Brian and I lined up to run em first. As we inched our way closer to racing, I look over to see Brian pull up and that nice smile he was sporting all day turned into that look of "you want some" , lol...good times. As we both staged and the tree lit up, Brian gave me a quick lesson on chopping the tree, wow. He lurched out with a near perfect R/T of .0641 and I was playing catch up. At about the 1/8th mile point I am starting to reel him in ever so slightly. As we barrel towards the finish line we are neck and neck, leaving me with no idea who won. I pull up and receive the yellow(loser) slip and realize its a loss. Great race Brian, probably the closest race all night and by far my funnest one of the year!!! Got me by .0381. I am car 283.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loAOvcBJZ0k
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

After getting that lesson at the tree we circled back dodging puddles, and were set up to race again. But as we got closer to the line a Vette pulls aside to get some on the fly tuning adjustments and I was bumped up a race and lined up with a last gen Vette. This time I had it in my mind to test out a launch around the 2500 rpm range. As I revved up at the line my foot or the brakes gave out and I broke the line early and stopped. Just a little lurch forward to redlight, then a stop, then I mashed it in frustration to run just over 13. OOOPS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOIxnTWDKuQ

SHOnUup

So after the embarrassing last run I decide to switch lanes and try the right one out(where I've ran the best before). This time I was between 22 and 2300 rpms, she took off hard with a grippy feeling tire spin and hard chirp into 2nd. It felt real good. I quickly lost view of the modded SS I was racing and felt like I ran a good one. Pull up to get the slip and to my surprise I hit a 12.54, wow I was happy. After some fist pumping, a little dashboard rubbing, and some man grunts I was left with some perma-grin for the rest of the day. Seeing how close I was to maybe hitting the 12.4 bracket I quickly got back in line as I watched the IAT's really start to climb (hear comes the heat soak) and knew the window was closing on these set of runs. Ended up backing up the 12.54 with a 12.57 and parked her to cool down.

Love the wifes enthusiasm in this one. Phone quality videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOIxnTWDKuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUJbBZfYOOg

SHOnUup

What a fun day it was. Big thanks to LME for the great day, and the fitted caps, custom track day T's, stickers and the good times hanging out at the tree watching some racing.

SHOnUup