• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford GT on the rise...

Started by AndyMan04, November 10, 2014, 10:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

I can get you some pictures of the rdu if you would like. Just tell me what parts and I'll do it. I assume there is a sticker or plate on it somewhere.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

IHeartGroceries

Not all Haldex designed systems are created the same. They are designed like anything else which is contracted out - "design a system for our vehicle, here is your budget."
So, throwing out any tq figure is a bit of a blanket statement across platforms/designs. I can tell you the Haldex system on my Speed6 wasn't good for that rating.

I don't know about "bleeding power". Typically their systems use an electromagnetic clutch which is controlled via a duty cycle from the TCM/ECU, based on sensor feedback. It's as simple as actuation at the clutch to increase or reduce rear drive TQ. The TQ is always there, from front transfer unit to DS. It is managed to the rear wheels by the clutch.

Also, they're typically not very intelligent systems. Their failsafes are temperature based - shut down when a temp sensor feedback reaches a threshold.  the rear unit is LSD, then tq is managed by mechanical means. I think we have an open diff? ABS/TC might apply brake on the SHO to individual wheels to control slip.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

sunwolf

When I got my LMS tune they took me on a tour of the shop and when I asked about the AWD system they said when you're driving down the road you have 65% at the front 35% rear. They also said that there is no point at which the rear wheels cut out from too much torque. It is also my understanding that power is directed in such a way as to improve handling by balancing it differently through corners. There is a video of someone with the AWD gauge enabled and under heavy accel you can see that more power is going to the rear wheels.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

IHeartGroceries

But, it's never a 50/50 split. It is incapable.
If it is low load and non slip conditions, like cruising, it's almost certainly 100/0 or 95/5. It ramps up tq to the rear under load, or if TCM/S detects slippage, by means of electromagnetic coupling. And I thought I'd seen a spec sheet at some point which stated something like a max split of, as you mentioned, 65/35.

2013 SHO PP

wasinger3000

I have had my awd gauge active for awhile now and after watching it. I can tell you on the highway there is less than 10% activity in the rear. It is all front for fuel milage. Even under wot at any speeds above 70 there is very little rear power activity. Now granted this is just a gauge and not actual power figures I cannot say as to what amount is there. Only representation of distribution.

I can make a video of several senariao's if you would like. I do know that brake boosting does activate the rear more effectively than just flooring it from a stop.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

sunwolf

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on November 11, 2014, 03:08:14 PM
But, it's never a 50/50 split. It is incapable.
If it is low load and non slip conditions, like cruising, it's almost certainly 100/0 or 95/5. It ramps up tq to the rear under load, or if TCM/S detects slippage, by means of electromagnetic coupling. And I thought I'd seen a spec sheet at some point which stated something like a max split of, as you mentioned, 65/35.

LMS told me that it is capable of and at cruse it does split 65/35. I was also told it can do 100/0 and 0/100. LMS claims that by taking out the computer that controls this they can reprogram it to split 50/50. The system in the SHO is different from all the others (x-sport, flex) including the standard taurus.
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L

SHOnUup

^^^x2 on all that

Rich

Was referencing wasinger post
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

IHeartGroceries

It is mechanically incapable of a 0/100 split. It is mechanically incapable of a rear bias split.
Now, a 50/50 split with some reprogramming to control the clutch actuation, I'll buy that.

2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

Unless I get on the car hard it reads full fwd, well 0% to the rear....just how the gauge seems to work...weird

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Maybe it's just reading % added to the rear?

Rich

sunwolf

I can't find it but I know I have seen a video where the gauge shows more rear than front.
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L

crash712us

Best possible torque split is 50/50 as the PTU is driven off the passenger front half shaft. As for the 150ftlb max torque spec, it's been so long ago I don't even remember where that number even came from. I would definitely like to talk to the person at LMS that told all this. Better yet I will go straight to Dan to get hear right from the horses mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

wasinger3000

Here is a launch. You can see the activity from the launch is fully engaged. AWD Gauge demonstrated: http://youtu.be/GSz8OaivNQI

SHOnUup

That's one nice launch....0 to a 100 "real quick"

Rich

SHOnUup

I'm using a torque pro awd gauge that reads the % to rear. That ones nice to have right there.

Rich