• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Cobb announces Mustang Ecoboost Support

Started by EcoPowerParts, November 05, 2014, 10:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

http://www.cobbtuning.com/MUSTANG-ECOBOOST-s/70988.htm

Good to see another player in the Ecoboost market for tuning.
I bug them every time I hang out with their guys to make tuning for the SHO/Truck, the ease of tuning and support is amazing!

COBB Tuning - 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Accessport V3
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

IHeartGroceries

I use to go to Cobb first Thursdays at the Plano shop, when I had my Mazda. Thinking about going again with the SHO, just nag the s*** out of them about supporting the 3.5 EB.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

Zorin

I use to take my 06 STi to get tuned at Cobb in Plano, TX as well.  Great bunch of guys at Cobb and awesome support.  The AccessPort it a great tool for on the fly tuning, plus with the ability to hold a bunch of maps makes it a very flexible unit.  Hope they will start making a 3.5EB version.

Z
2011PP, Kona Blue, 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 3 Bar, 170 stat, LMS 93+Race Tune with ACES IV, Quantum Blue Fluids.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on November 05, 2014, 12:09:14 PM
I use to go to Cobb first Thursdays at the Plano shop, when I had my Mazda. Thinking about going again with the SHO, just nag the s*** out of them about supporting the 3.5 EB.

Nag them some for me please...

Airbornemaikai

Yea they completely skipped the 3.5, like wtf
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

SHOdded

No 3.5 in Mustang, that's why, plain & simple!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Airbornemaikai

yes but they have focus st and fiesta st, those are even smaller arent they?
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

IHeartGroceries

If there isn't much of a market in the transverse 3.5 world, there certainly is in the longitudinal. Wonder if it's an image thing. Cobb tuning pickups? Lol

Even so, there seems to be decent interest in the SHO and Flex world to support their support.

2013 SHO PP

crash712us

Cobb is just another tuner. If they tuned the 3.5, the gains would be comparable to everyone else's tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SHOdded

I think their device is piquing interest as much as the tuning :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

It's SO MUCH EASIER to tune with Cobb it's not funny. I've had a chance to look over a tuner's shoulder doing same vehicle with SCT vs Cobb and the difference is amazing and the easy of tuning is just off the charts.
I hope they'll at least do the trucks but also hope the SHO/Flex. Heck I might even start tuning again if they come out with Cobb for them!
:)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: crash712us on November 06, 2014, 06:03:05 PM
Cobb is just another tuner. If they tuned the 3.5, the gains would be comparable to everyone else's tunes.

Oh, if only that were true...

Try telling that to the Mazda and Subaru guys. XD

Not only is their device superior to anything else, their tuning and support is unmatched. Not to mention the possibility of Cobb making Accesstuner available to 3.5 EB users. Imagine tweaking your own tunes for your EB. Yeah.

2013 SHO PP

Airbornemaikai

Yea most guys I know around here drive evos and they speak of Cobb as a deity
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

crash712us

I wasn't trying to say they are not superior tuner. They are good at the vehicles they spent a lot of time developing.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110