• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ANOTHER COILOVER/SHOCKS/STRUTS QUESTION

Started by moem1090, November 03, 2014, 11:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moem1090

Hey guys I don't want to be redundant because most of the questions in this part of the forums is mostly about shocks. But its time I do the coilovers. It will either between the Megan or H&R springs. My question is regarding the stock shocks/struts. I will replace them in the process if they seem they are wearing out but any recommendations on what aftermarket provider to get them from?
2013 Roush Stage 3: Supercharged & Ready to Go Fast
2010 SHO - Daily: Corsa Cat-Back, Roush CAI, LME Downpipes, LME 3-Bar, LME Thermostat, LME Tune 4+

Frozen Taurus

I am in the same boat as you, and I thought it out like this .... If I was gonna do just H&R springs I would go ahead and do the struts too as mine have 70,000 kms on them and it didn't make sense to do the spring removal twice. With the cost of springs and struts you would have to be over a $1000 I would think .... so I decided to go with Megan coilovers and that way if I decide to sell the car I could swap the old stock setup right back in and it would still be fine to pass safety
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon

SHOdded

^ x2.  Do the coilovers, or do springs & shocks/struts together.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!