• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake

Started by MDesign Performance, October 27, 2014, 03:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Spartn27 on November 11, 2014, 11:49:02 PM
I will sell the prototype intake pictured in the original post for $150 plus shipping and handling to anyone willing to do a dyno test.

Upgraded plugs, thermostat and tune are fair game though you will need to return to stock tune. I will need a base stock pull and a pull with the intake installed.
I think you might see more impressive gains on a highly modified car...

is stock plus corn ok?

MDesign Performance

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on November 12, 2014, 08:30:44 PM
I'm hitting the dyno this weekend for a local shop event with $40 dyno runs..
But my truck ain't stock.... ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I PM'd you.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 12, 2014, 11:55:18 PMI think you might see more impressive gains on a highly modified car...

is stock plus corn ok?

Where in Ohio are you? I could do corn, PM me.

As for time frame for results, I'm looking for ASAP so I can get you guys the info. Hopefully one of the two members above can help us get that done. Stay tuned.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

bigmoneycloser

XSport and SHO use same air raid intake...

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

SHOdded

Thanks, bigmoneycloser & FoMoCoSHO!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

If it doesn't work out with the others, I'll bet I could get some dyno pulls. A local shop offers 3 baseline pulls for a hundred bucks. That's not too bad. Cobb charged me 80 bucks per baseline.

I'd have to revert back to stock ECU mapping and the 2.5bar...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

irondoor19

Please give us an update when the Runs Are Done, AND after

I want to get on the List for the next Go around, thanks ;D
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

bigmoneycloser

Look what showed up today.....
Dyno tomorrow at 2pm..
Craftsmanship is beautiful!

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

panther427

2013 SHO

91hybrid

What does the actual filter look like? The outside looks awesome, but I've yet to see what matters. Snap some pics of the innards. 😁
2014 SHO -PP, Unleashed Tuned, 3bar, Devils Own 100% meth, PPE catted down pipes, 3rd cat delete, Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, 170 deg, NGK 7's plugs, hot pipes - White Platinum 401a
418 whp - 513 wlb/ft
non meth 13.11@103.6 (knock limited)
Meth pass 11.991@114.28

J-Will

Looks great. Hoping for no power loss. That will be an improvement.
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

bigmoneycloser

Here is a pic of both inside ends.
It's an enclosed cone filter to simplify it..

2014 Explorer Sport 401A

bigmoneycloser

Ok
Before and after hits are done.
Minor issue with getting my graphs due to I had to leave and computer having issues saving files..
I will have print outs and videos tomorrow.

You are ready...........

2014 Explorer Sport 401A

bigmoneycloser

Base pull with all my current mods including Air Raid did:
300HP
After install of new M Design intake did:
314.5HP

And we are running on a mustang dyno!
I will post a more detailed thread tomorrow with everything..

Tuner was shocked!!!

2014 Explorer Sport 401A

peppelepugh

?!?!?!?!?!?! welp gents.... time to junk the airaid possibly!!!!!!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

SHOdded

Sweet looking engine bay, with the Stinger battery!  Nice to hear verification of Spartn's claims, not that I ever doubted it :thumb:  Killing me nobody's taken home his exhaust system yet either!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!