• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake

Started by MDesign Performance, October 27, 2014, 03:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

91hybrid

Really interested to see the curves!  Solid gain.
2014 SHO -PP, Unleashed Tuned, 3bar, Devils Own 100% meth, PPE catted down pipes, 3rd cat delete, Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, 170 deg, NGK 7's plugs, hot pipes - White Platinum 401a
418 whp - 513 wlb/ft
non meth 13.11@103.6 (knock limited)
Meth pass 11.991@114.28

peppelepugh

^^^^^ I see what you did there, interested to see the curves... ;)
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

panther427

Thanks for doing this. Very exciting. I want his exhaust.
2013 SHO

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

navbtcret

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on November 25, 2014, 04:35:32 PM
Base pull with all my current mods including Air Raid did:
300HP
After install of new M Design intake did:
314.5HP

And we are running on a mustang dyno!
I will post a more detailed thread tomorrow with everything..

Tuner was shocked!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for doing this. It makes me even happier I bought one of the 5 made now that there are gains too. I was going more for the look, it is the first aftermarket cai the I liked the looks of. Hopefully mine shows up tomorrow.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

bigmoneycloser

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

navbtcret

My CAI arrived today, 20 minute later it was on the car. Look great and I want to say thank you to Ahmad for a great product and if you do a run for the engine cover put me down for one already. I would love one to match the intake.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

CroR1

I was always under impression that in order for a Cold air intake to function succesfuly, a fresh saurce of air is brought in. Maybe because most aftermarket air intakes fail is because they rely solely on the oem or factory design to get the air in. And, being that factory box has the size and can keep a larger amount of air volume in the air box for the engine when it needs it, might just be the reason it has been the most sucesful design. I really wonder how the M design compares to the stock. The fact is it is getting the air from the same spot where the oem air box gets it, and plus it holds a smaller volume of air in it. Although it is more resistant to heat, but for how long does it actually do so, as after certain amount of driving time, I'm sure it would heat soak just as factory box. Now, I also wonder if anyone tried fabricating an additional pipe to attach to a factory air box, which would scoop the cold air from under the car while moving. I think this method would be the most effective, as well as heat wrapping the factory box. This would also mean that one would not have a dusty engine bay, however, a filter cleaning might  be required more often.

PS--My comments do not reflect bashing in any way, any design, I am just curious to these answers and if anyone has any opinions on this subject.

ZSHO

I know from a fact that real carbon fibre is less vulnerable to heat soak as to compared to the oem box or Airaid cai which is made from plastic,the main objective in this concept is to have a CAI like Spartn which to me the design he constructed will imortanly from my standpoint lower IAT temps when at idle which others will raise the temps,the advantage MD has is the sealed enclosure which still has the scoop for fresh air,or you can go with another vendor which has the extra hose for fresh air and dont think its performance proven and not sealed up pretty well for around 2.200 ,Lol.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bigmoneycloser

The other thing I noticed with the design is the "str8 line" design for air flow from the scoop thru the filter.
Air is forced str8 thru. It's not pooling up like in air raid design or OEM.
This has to help...
Definitely bigger faster colder gulps of air in my opinion..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

WickedSHO

Spartn27....What is the timeline for having more of these available?
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

MDesign Performance

There's another batch coming up next week and I have a couple members interested, I can include you in that group.

For future reference the group buy is over with and all the intakes are with a bunch of happy members! To order or inquire about the intake the best method is to email me via the email below or contact me via PM.

You can close this thread and all discussion can continue in the review thread:

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4034.msg63108.html#msg63108
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance