• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake

Started by MDesign Performance, October 27, 2014, 03:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

My ambient temps via torque and the cars display are never the same. Has to be 2 different ones right?

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Larrylu

Quote from: Spartn27 on November 01, 2014, 10:17:34 AM
I'm using a SCT X4 so I'm limited to my info, almost 99.9% positive that the IAT_DF is the MAP sensor after the intake. I don't have any Window's based laptops in the house (all MacBooks) so I'm unaware of any other way to data log unfortunately at the moment.

For Larry, the ambient sensor which issued for outside air temperatures is located in the front near the metal front bumper rail.
I have noticed that my PID Ambient differs from the temp display on the factory NAV screen usually by at least a couple of degrees. So I thought it was possible that there might be 2 Ambient sensors. Your post showing IAT_DF is the first time I've bumped into that title so....just curious to learn more.  You have some amazing temp results!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

glock-coma

I have logged iat with torque and the x4. They both seem pretty close to the same temps.
I'm pretty sure it's the sensor in the air box.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

glock-coma

Here's a pic I just took compare the ambient temp on my display.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

MDesign Performance

Just updated the thread with a better picture including the production intake funnel. It will come exactly as is in the first pic with the exception that the chrome pipe will be replaced with carbon fiber.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J-Will

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

MDesign Performance

I will sell the prototype intake pictured in the original post for $150 plus shipping and handling to anyone willing to do a dyno test.

Upgraded plugs, thermostat and tune are fair game though you will need to return to stock tune. I will need a base stock pull and a pull with the intake installed.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

twnscrw13

I'm very interested if there are even mild gains over stock.
2018 PP, blue. Sony, Navi. Stock.... For now.

SHOnUup

That is a great offer...hope someone steps up to test it out...I would, but the SHO is about to get stored for the winter months. Shucks

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Airbornemaikai

I would but Don't want to pay the ridiculous price for the AWD dynos here
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160ยบ Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

bigmoneycloser

I'm hitting the dyno this weekend for a local shop event with $40 dyno runs..
But my truck ain't stock.... ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

bigmoneycloser

And I have a dyno already from similar dyno with current mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

FracaSHO

What kind of time frame for getting results are we talking about?
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP