• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake

Started by MDesign Performance, October 27, 2014, 03:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDesign Performance

MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake
- Genuine carbon fiber enclosed intake air filter and carbon fiber intake charge pipe.
- Custom designed intake air scoop with OEM mount points allows for a fresh source of air.
- Completely enclosed from the engine bay in order to prevent heatsoak.
- More linear and direct air flow than OEM design.
- Retains all OEM hoses and connections.

Includes: Carbon fiber intake filter, carbon fiber charge pipe, intake air scoop, silicone couplers and clamps.

$349.99 + Shipping & Handling.

QuoteEDIT:
For future reference the group buy is over with and all the intakes are with a bunch of happy members! To order or inquire about the intake the best method is to email me via the email below or contact me via PM.

You can close this thread and all discussion can continue in the review thread:

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4034.msg63108.html#msg63108

2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

SHOnUup

Are there any dyno pulls with it vs. anything else?

Looks really nice that's for sure.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

EcoPowerParts

Can you please post up pictures of the intake for the guys.
Thanks!
Mike
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

navbtcret

2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

MDesign Performance

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 27, 2014, 03:42:04 PM

Rich

No dyno pulls, I might try to find a member to try and work something out.

Quote from: navbtcret on October 27, 2014, 04:18:28 PM
What filter are you using?

They are 3" conical dry filters, similar to every aftermarket cone filter out there so it's compatible with aftermarket cleaning/oiling kits.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

ZSHO

Give the guy credit,promised us a while back a custom intake,with law school and everything,cant wait to see it,probably in the process creating a pat.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

On a side note...looks like this design opens up some room for other options to be snuck in there.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOmanMike84

Looks good. What are the avg intake temps with the new set up?

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

FracaSHO

Quote from: Spartn27 on October 27, 2014, 04:20:40 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on October 27, 2014, 03:42:04 PM

Rich

No dyno pulls, I might try to find a member to try and work something out.

Where are you located? I may be interested in working something out with you. Other than tuner, colder plugs, and 170* t stat I'm all stock.
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

J-Will

This is good news.  I am excited to see test results from this intake.  I really think the addition of the scoop will prove beneficial
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

FoMoCoSHO

Interested depending on test results.

If it makes any power and/or keeps temps at bay, I will pick one up.

Regardless of results, its a gorgeous intake, great job!

southtxSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 28, 2014, 10:57:42 AM
Interested depending on test results.

If it makes any power and/or keeps temps at bay, I will pick one up.

Regardless of results, its a gorgeous intake, great job!
X 2 ^^^^
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

Courier6

2013 Tri-White PP, PPE downpipes, Corsa, Air Raid CAI, H&R Springs, 170 deg thermo, Livernois Dyno Tune 365 AWHP 407 AWTQ. Best 1/4 mile 12.580

MDesign Performance

Went for a nice 30 minute drive. Once warmed up the outside temperature here in Michigan was 52 degrees, the IAT were a consistent 48-50 degrees while in motion. I had idled the car for 10 minutes and the high was 78 which quickly dropped back down to 48-50 when driving.

This is without the intake scoop installed as I did not have a coupler on hand, I will re-test this with the coupler. Might help improve the standing idle temps.

SHOnUup

Quote from: Spartn27 on October 29, 2014, 10:23:39 AM
Went for a nice 30 minute drive. Once warmed up the outside temperature here in Michigan was 52 degrees, the IAT were a consistent 48-50 degrees while in motion. I had idled the car for 10 minutes and the high was 78 which quickly dropped back down to 48-50 when driving.

This is without the intake scoop installed as I did not have a coupler on hand, I will re-test this with the coupler. Might help improve the standing idle temps.
IAT2?

Rich