• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Transmission Question F150

Started by matt60, June 18, 2013, 10:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt60

I didnt see a section for tranmissions so I figure this would be the best place to put this. I just got a 2011 F150 and I love it, the only thing is that while driving normally it seems to shift alittle slow It is more pronounced shifting from 1st -2nd, on the other hand when I get into it its not really noticable. Has anyone else noticed this and is there anything I can do that wont void my warranty like a shift kit or something.

EcoPowerParts

Well other than a tune the only thing to do would be to take it to the dealer and complain I would guess. If you open up the transmission you have basically voided the tranny warranty according to Ford so I would just take it to them.

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

13_TwinScrew

Quote from: matt60 on June 18, 2013, 10:21:44 AM
I didnt see a section for tranmissions so I figure this would be the best place to put this. I just got a 2011 F150 and I love it, the only thing is that while driving normally it seems to shift alittle slow It is more pronounced shifting from 1st -2nd, on the other hand when I get into it its not really noticable. Has anyone else noticed this and is there anything I can do that wont void my warranty like a shift kit or something.

It's pretty normal, it's part of the adaptive transmission in the truck.  How many miles do you currently have?  How many are your miles?

There are a few TSB's to lighten up the shifts from Ford if you take it to your dealership.  My 13' takes around 200-300 miles after a tune to "settle" in so that the shifts aren't "clunky".  When I returned to stock it also took a while for the shifts to settle.

You could also attempt to disconnect the battery and KAM (Kill all memory) there's some info on how to do it if search through google (I have seen it suggested to hold the pos and neg cables together for about 30 secs ---- but I would err on the side of caution).  Essentially that cleans the slate to re-learn parameters including shifts.
2013 Ecoboost F-150 XLT 4x4 w/ stock 20's and Off-Road Package.  Mods: Solo Performance Mach-X exhaust, Unleashed Tuning, Plasti-Dipped front emblem and blacked out orange mirror reflector.

matt60

It has about 19000 and I bought it with 1700 so I have put close to 2000 miles on it. Ill look into reseting the computer and see what happens.

2Canches

Quote from: matt60 on July 04, 2013, 03:16:31 AM
It has about 19000 and I bought it with 1700 so I have put close to 2000 miles on it. Ill look into reseting the computer and see what happens.

How did it go? Any change? Better worse?

2Canches

Raiderfan1890

Btt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk