• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Drag strip results!

Started by Airbornemaikai, October 26, 2014, 04:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airbornemaikai

2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Airbornemaikai

13.59 second run. Only got the 2 runs in, it decided to rain for a few mins, then I needed a helmet and didn't have one
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

SHOnUup

Nice runs!

For identical 60's, you really made up some time in the 1/8 mile on the 2nd pass.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Airbornemaikai

Thanks guys. On my first run I turned off traction control and launched in normal mode. I had removed my engine cover to help it cool off before my second run and left it in my trunk and I also launched in sand mode for my second run and turned it back to normal after the 60. Really was hoping to get a 3rd run in. Considering the track had cooled because of the rain and my tires weren't as warm, I was very surprised to have actually improved on my time. Track is closed till next season though. Can't wait to see what I get next year after some practice and better weather
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

DeekFlex

Airbornemaikai

2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

ZSHO

Congrat's on the new best times AIRBOURNE,best of luck.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

PokerMunkee

That's hauling for any SUV!
I ran 14.1 at 99mph in my 2006 TBSS at Las Vegas drag strip in 2,500' DA.  It had a Superchips tune and Magnaflow CB.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

Airbornemaikai

I posted a few questions in a local facebook group and all of the haters said there was no way I would even break out of the 14s because their cars were barely getting in to the 13s because of our elevation, boy did I prove them all wrong.
I could tell that plenty of guys were losing traction though and they even had to make numerous announcements for guys not to be heroes and to let up if they did lose traction. Tires were cold, track was cold and it rained. Really excited for next year.
Heres a video of my run, as you can see, I can clearly use a lot more practice
http://youtu.be/wd6tgDec5Yo
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

PokerMunkee

Sweet!

What elevation is your track? What was the DA that night?

Closest track to me is 4800' elevation :(
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

Airbornemaikai

The track is at 2600 and I believe the DA was around 3000, I had checked the night before but when I try and check now it won't show me the da for the time when I did my runs. It was 3:30pm
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

Quinid

That's because you have a turbo.  Turbo engines are much less effected by elevation than a NA. Nice runs!
2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.

Airbornemaikai

Thanks!
There was another x sport there that was bone stock running 14.99. I think the fastest he got was 14.85
Can't wait till next season
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

QuickSilver

Very Cool Airborne 8)  I have pretty much the same mods as you, I thought it felt 13ish...   Kinda motivates me to put on the meth kit that's been languishing in the box for months and make some passes this spring ;)
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...