• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Unleashed tune question

Started by shotime99, October 24, 2014, 12:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shotime99

updated 93 tune also working well!! car is quick.. surprises my Corvette buddies!
2014 Taurus SHO w/PP and H & R spring kit

alpine_jake

Quote from: cror1 on October 26, 2014, 05:59:23 PM
just an off topic question, what is a strategy code? how is it obtainable?

You cant retrieve the strategy code unless you have the flasher hooked up to the vehicle. Are you looking into getting a tune?
2010 Non-pp pearl white, Torrie tuned, 3Bar, Dyno Max mufflers and polished 4"tips, 170 Thermo, slotted and drilled black rotors, ceramic pads, silver calipers, tinted tails, .030 NGK

CroR1

Yes, hopefully in spring. I'm just curious, keep seeing people post about SC, and was wondering what it actually is? From what I gathered dealer installed code on the car?

SHOdded

A strategy code is the "nickname" if you will for the specific set of instructions the car's computer comes with from the factory.  Once the tuner knows what specific set of instructions come from the factory, they can tune it safely for that car or any car with that set of instructions.  Used to be on a sticker on the PCM, might have it if lucky, wouldn't count on it though.  If the dealership updates the PCM, that changes the strategy code, but the sticker doesn't get updated.

Oldie but goodie
http://www.morepowertuning.com/howtoreadstrategy
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: cror1 on October 27, 2014, 07:44:30 AM
Yes, hopefully in spring. I'm just curious, keep seeing people post about SC, and was wondering what it actually is? From what I gathered dealer installed code on the car?
Exactly, sort of the password to enter the brains of the car. Easily retrieved with a tuning device in hand. Think it's more of a manufacturer installed code though with updates via the "stealership ".

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.