• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Maryland International Raceway 24 October 2014

Started by navbtcret, October 19, 2014, 08:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navbtcret

If anyone in the area would like to come on out and join us on Friday 24 Oct 14 from 0900-1700 at Maryland International Raceway for some drag racing, test and tune, the Mustang club I belong to will be renting the track that day. The cost is $100 per car and we will be sharing the track with a Pontiac GTO club that day as well. The weather looks like it will make for some great DA's that day.

All you have to do is show up and pay Adam, he is taking charge of it this year, and have 8 hours to make as many passes as you would like to make. We also go to Hooter's after we are done racing that day for dinner. Most of us that come from out of town, me included, stay at the Hampton Inn of Waldorf
3750 Crain Hwy, Waldorf, MD, 20603. I will be running the SHO there. I also believe this year we will have a grill there and grilling some food for lunch too.

I know this is short notice but it almost did not happen, the guy who usually puts this together every year is not able to attend. He had to go overseas at the last minute and Adam stepped up to keep it going.  hope some folks that are local are able to attend, it is always a great time and the 8th year now that we have been doing this.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on October 19, 2014, 09:09:09 AM
Get more info on the track here!
http://www.mirdrag.com

Have Fun!
I am having my tires installed friday morning,would not be a bad idea to test them out,are you going -MANU

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

IDK yet.  Saturday, I know I would have, but Friday (working day for me) I have to see what the boss thinks.  Def wouldn't be running tho.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on October 19, 2014, 10:21:02 AM
IDK yet.  Saturday, I know I would have, but Friday (working day for me) I have to see what the boss thinks.  Def wouldn't be running tho.
I have to confirm with the wife,i promised her i will take her along next time,MANU you could do a couple runs with my car. ;)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Generous offer, Z, I will pass on it this time, but will be cheering you on regardless :D

SHOdded

navbtcret

Quote from: SHOdded on October 21, 2014, 05:57:43 AM
Free bump :)  Cost to spectate?

No cost to spectate, and the $100 per car is just what MIR charges. There cost are $800 minimum up 8 cars and then $100 per car for every car over 8.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

navbtcret

Tomorrow is the day , hopefully some of you all can make it. It looks like good air and maybe some negative DA's out there tomorrow. It'll make for some good ET's

SHOnUup

Negative DA....think I just drooled a tiny bit...lol

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Have a utility inspection coming up tomorrow, no specific time given.  So my grand todo will be twiddling my thumbs till then :(  Hope to hear about some record-breaking results soon!

SHOdded

navbtcret

Quote from: SHOdded on October 25, 2014, 09:21:43 AM
Any updates?  :)

A great day at the track. I made 16 passes, had to get them in before winter :)  My best pass was 12.766 @ 108.55. Lots of 12.7XX passes along with 12.8XX. It got a little warmer than I would've liked but the car ran great, track prep was great as usual for MIR. I'll try and get the time slip posted up later, just got home.