• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Post your tune only times.

Started by boostedbull, October 13, 2014, 05:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephm

pretty cool to see LMS guys drinking the corn juice now.

For the longest time LMS guys repeated there talking points about how it wasn't safe and our cars could not handle it.

Congrats on the time.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SHOnUup

Quote from: Josephm on October 17, 2014, 12:51:51 AM
pretty cool to see LMS guys drinking the corn juice now.

For the longest time LMS guys repeated there talking points about how it wasn't safe and our cars could not handle it.

Congrats on the time.
Thanks. When I mentioned the 2 gallon venture to the non technical guys from Livernois and a few racers at the track to counter winter fuel, the Livernois guys thought it was a nifty way to counter and the racers did a face palm not realizing winter gas was here.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Airbornemaikai

^^Thats interesting. I have also been running corn in mine for a couple months now as well, and even increased because of the winter blends. I had recently emailed LMS about this to see if they would maybe even adjust my tune for it or anything along those lines and all they replied was that they don't support it.
Maybe the tides will start to turn because of this :D
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160ยบ Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

SHOnUup

Mind you, these were some of the non technical guys I was speaking with at the track at this time. Some great results though. Last time I ran a 12.66 with a boost leak, so I really don't know if or how much the corn helped. It did run smoother with 0 knock though. That's awesome in my book.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Who knows, you might even get into the low 12's with no more mods the way you are going, Rich!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on October 18, 2014, 08:43:59 AM
Who knows, you might even get into the low 12's with no more mods the way you are going, Rich!
That's my goal now...I think. Maybe some coil overs, new linkage, and some grippy tires (although the rsa's weren't that bad the other day). SHO with the michelens on looked like he was on ice.

Rich

jkeblaitis

Not tune only i have a airaid cai and corsa catback and a 3bar, Here is my best time the other night at the livernois event my first time at the strip.. i didn't remove my heavy speaker box or decrease air pressure from tires and i had just under half tank of gas. I got a 12.89 vs a corvette on this ticket ..officially in the 12 sec club
2013 SHO, PP, tuxedo black, Airaid cai, LMS 3bar 93 V8 tune, Corsa black tip exhaust

SHOnUup

Nice meeting you out there. Definitely need to try dropping that tire psi. We noticed you spinning ALOT as we watched from the wall.

Do you care if we share some videos of you racing?

Rich

SHOnUup

And welcome to the 12's. Congrats!

Rich

ZSHO

Cant wait to get these new Eagle sport all season tires installed and head to the track and curious to see if they perform better than the Eagle F1'S,finally got a chance to head over to the track a while back and after a 2hr ride was denied access cause of tires being bald,prior to that havent had time with father being ill and busy but now he is a little better hopefully can get my life back on TRACK. :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Take your dad to the track, watch you race!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!