• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Winter blend gas and E/85

Started by SHOnUup, October 12, 2014, 10:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Not present here...I can only get +KR readings when car is not up to full operating temps, and during a WOT lift I get an occasional +.8 or +1...other than that no +KR at all.

I did however experience this same example of timing being pulled quite regularly with the winter blend.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 27, 2014, 06:27:02 PM
Quote from: Larrylu on October 27, 2014, 05:24:51 PM
Well here is something new. I actually caught the positive 4.5 right as it was happening. Not a mystery any more. It was lugging at moderate throttle. Not enough throttle for a down shift but enough to get low low vac or maybe a little boost and voila 4 positive KR. I nailed  it right after and at WOT no KR or even a little negative. So I think it's octane deprived winter gas at part throttle lugging.
I can jive with that.

Rich
I am seeing the same thing. Haven't tried the ethanol yet..

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

MDesign Performance

I will add to this. Thought my car was feeling sluggish so I did a 1:12 gallon ratio of e85/93 and it woke up the beast.

I will continue to use this ratio and monitor it, this winter gas really is garbage.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

glock-coma

Quote from: Larrylu on October 27, 2014, 05:24:51 PM
Well here is something new. I actually caught the positive 4.5 right as it was happening. Not a mystery any more. It was lugging at moderate throttle. Not enough throttle for a down shift but enough to get low low vac or maybe a little boost and voila 4 positive KR. I nailed  it right after and at WOT no KR or even a little negative. So I think it's octane deprived winter gas at part throttle lugging.
This is the only time I see +kr also. This exact scenario.

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter
sp534 @ 30
unleashed 93 performance+boost 3bar
more to come.....

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

FoMoCoSHO

I pretty much see no KR, random 1.5 here or there normally after a hard shift.

Almost always negative kr and pegs  to -5 quick.

SHOnUup

Almost makes me want to grow a  little patch of corn in the garden next year. Little show of support....;D

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Larrylu

So now I know I got some company....what to do....switch to a 91 octane tune for the winter, or do a little custom blend. My tank is low so it's time to decide. The allure of a custom blend is undeniable!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Says no e/20 - e/85 in the fuel door...still within parameters with a small mix...

If anyone tries the 91 tune, that would add to the info here though.

Rich

SHOnUup

glock-coma

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 27, 2014, 11:17:35 PM
Says no e/20 - e/85 in the fuel door...still within parameters with a small mix...

Rich
I've switched to my 91 tune but that was after my Bluetooth adapter took a crap.
I have been watching timing advance with my x4. Seems to be dropping less with the 91 tune running 93 gas.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOmanMike84

I'm stuck with 91 octane here in CA, with my 25% mix of E85 I'm at about 93.8 octane. More than likely going to experiment with meth once I get these downpipes put on.

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

Airbornemaikai

I was running a 93 tune but also stuck with 91 octane. So i blended with e85. After the track on sunday I reverted back to 2 bar and 91 though for the winter, I may as well save some money because the roads are brutal here in the winter
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160ยบ Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

SHOnUup

Quote from: glock-coma on October 28, 2014, 12:22:20 AM

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 27, 2014, 11:17:35 PM

Rich
I've switched to my 91 tune but that was after my Bluetooth adapter took a crap.
I have been watching timing advance with my x4. Seems to be dropping less with the 91 tune running 93 gas.
Thx for the added info. Are you able to monitor knock with the mycal? Add custom  PID'S too?

Rich

Edit: meant the x4...oops

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOmanMike84 on October 28, 2014, 12:55:39 AM
I'm stuck with 91 octane here in CA, with my 25% mix of E85 I'm at about 93.8 octane. More than likely going to experiment with meth once I get these downpipes put on.
Are you monitoring with anything Mike?

Rich