• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Last trip to the track for the summer.

Started by boostedbull, October 11, 2014, 10:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black99lightning

2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

SHOnUup

Quote from: Spartn27 on October 15, 2014, 10:02:04 AM
Quote from: ElvenSho on October 15, 2014, 01:27:13 AM
Op next time u go hit me up for sure. I am glad that is on 91 octane. We have 93 here in waterloo but its 4.50 per gallon while 92 is 3.70sh. I will juat start using 92 since it looks like there shouldnt be much of a difference.

93 up here in Michigan is $3.29 :p

I need to make a trip to the track, anyone having traction issues with all these 12 second runs? With brand spanking new tires, plugs, tune and cold air intake I break the tires loose consistently.
This cheaper gas is winter blend and I've noticed a considerable uptick in KR readings ever since these prices dropped. Really thinking the 91 tune or a couple gallons of e/85 added to a fill up might help. About to try the e/85 mix today.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

boostedbull

Was tuned by unleashed. It is a 91 octane map

Car is a 2012 PP
2012 SHO PP - Tuned by Torrie
12.8 @ 106  tune only

boostedbull

And yes traction was a problem. I ended up dropping tire pressure to 22 in the front.  Still had considerable tire slippage thru first gear and part of second but the awd was keeping it under control
2012 SHO PP - Tuned by Torrie
12.8 @ 106  tune only

IHeartGroceries

Anybody keeping tabs of LMS tune onlys vs. Unleashed tunes onlys in the 12s?

Awesome time. Just insane to me these gargantuan cars can shuttle off like that, especially with nothing more than a tune.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

ZSHO

:Boxing_gloves:[HERE WE GO AGAIN]

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

All the times are in the sigs. But a nice list of both stables with times and mod levels would be cool. In a fun sense as both stables are top notch and deserve to be treated that way.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Would be fun, IF people treated it that way.  No way to make an objective comparison unless done on the same vehicle under the same conditions at the same time to minimize other variables.  Guesstimate, sure.  Accurate, MAYBE.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on October 15, 2014, 02:50:56 PM
Would be fun, IF people treated it that way.  No way to make an objective comparison unless done on the same vehicle under the same conditions at the same time to minimize other variables.  Guesstimate, sure.  Accurate, MAYBE.
For sure. Slightest bit to much heat soak and your 60' takes a hit...

Don't make me tear the seats out...lol

Rich

PokerMunkee

Only fair way to go about it is to have both tuned cars line up next to each other.  The East Coast guys at their negative DA tracks have a huge advantage.  All the fastest times are always ran at Atco, etc.

From my view, Unleashed and LMS are running at the same time times.  A .1 or .2 is even steven.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

black99lightning

Quote from: SHOdded on October 15, 2014, 02:50:56 PM

Agreed.  The only thing to make it far would be to adjust to sealevel.  Like tonight when I go, I should have DA below sealevel.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

MDesign Performance

Quote from: black99lightning on October 15, 2014, 10:54:24 AM
Whose tune, and is the car PP or not?

Unleashed 93 X4 tune and it's a MKS so I'm guessing thats comparable to the non-PP?

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 15, 2014, 11:26:39 AM
This cheaper gas is winter blend and I've noticed a considerable uptick in KR readings ever since these prices dropped. Really thinking the 91 tune or a couple gallons of e/85 added to a fill up might help. About to try the e/85 mix today.

Rich

That completely slipped my mind, I guess the meth kit is moving up the priority list! That wouldn't really help with my traction issue though :P
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance