• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Can`t decide between LMS and Unleashed for Ex Sport

Started by xsport, October 09, 2014, 12:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOmanMike84

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

SHOdded

Stay cool, Z :)  This is only a forum, having no context to the words written here provides many chances for misunderstandings.  I am sure the folks here are all well-intentioned.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BBOX

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 09, 2014, 09:57:05 PM
LME tunes don't require constant contact as datalogging does. My request for updated tunes for 3bar was sent in on the weekend and I received on Monday. Hard to compete with Torrie ' s response times as he seems to be hardwired into the Web himself.

Rich

Torrie might be slipping, I had to go SIX WHOLE HOURS before he responded to my data log! (hopefully obvious I'm being facetious here, haha)

SHOnUup

Quote from: BBOX on October 09, 2014, 11:08:09 PM
LME tunes don't require constant contact as datalogging does. My request for updated tunes for 3bar was sent in on the weekend and I received on Monday. Hard to compete with Torrie ' s response times as he seems to be hardwired into the Web himself.

Rich

Torrie might be slipping, I had to go SIX WHOLE HOURS before he responded to my data log! (hopefully obvious I'm being facetious here, haha)
Must of been a glitch in his personally wired in wifi connection...lol

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Josephm

There's no bickering. It is just a matter of stating facts and opinions

Its like comparing Lowes( with good service) to an ace hardware. They both sell the same tool and do the same job, but one will be allot more expensive.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

wasinger3000

Quote from: BBOX on October 09, 2014, 11:08:09 PM

Rich

Hah, one time I sent torrie a log and I waited almost 14 hours. I was actually worried for is well being. Lol. Turns out the email failed to send. So I resent it and 8 min later I get a new tune. ;D
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOnUup

Haha...that's funny. Scary for a minute, but funny afterwards.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Torsen

I did some research and went with LMS. I didn't wait more than a few hours for them to respond to any of my emails, and when I called, I got someone on the phone instantly. (I wasn't holding the start button long enough to put the car into accessory mode.)

xsport

Quote from: panther427 on October 09, 2014, 08:51:42 PM
Decide if you want to run e 85 any brand water meth kit? Also do you want to data log.   If you answered yes to that stuff unleashed is your choice. If your more a plug and play guy go with lms

Thanks guys for the advice!

Didn't get to read other comments yet but I'll answer this one for now.

Regarding meth kit, I don't know much about it yet (have to do more research) on how safe it is for the car and engine (this is our family hauler) and how much it will cost me etc. For now I think I'll stick to the tune first, then downpipes and exhaust and air intake. But meth kit will be considered as soon as I learn how safe it is for the car.
2014 Explorer Sport White Platinum Tricoat

FoMoCoSHO

Meth will add a margin of safety....

fuel enrichment, colder charge temps, octane for days.

QuickSilver

I went with LMS and have had good success, I do appreciate how they offer current/updated tune versions as more is learned about our platforms. However, the latest tune for my '14 Ex Sport I don't like as well as the last. This one feels like it is overly rich, especially when the ambient air temps are over 90 degrees. I actually get some very light hesitation on hot days and can smell the Catyletic convertors when they are working overtime to cook off the unburnt fuel. Exhaust tips are black and sooty now too. Maybe if I wasn't too complacent to email them and ask for the previous version back I'd be happier? It just pulls so hard when the air is cold that I can live with the soft tune when hot out. Winter is coming even in Cali :banana:
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

SHOdded

So you need a Warm Weather tune?  You should tell 'em, AJ, so they can further improve the latest tune!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: QuickSilver on October 12, 2014, 06:45:32 PM
I went with LMS and have had good success, I do appreciate how they offer current/updated tune versions as more is learned about our platforms. However, the latest tune for my '14 Ex Sport I don't like as well as the last. This one feels like it is overly rich, especially when the ambient air temps are over 90 degrees. I actually get some very light hesitation on hot days and can smell the Catyletic convertors when they are working overtime to cook off the unburnt fuel. Exhaust tips are black and sooty now too. Maybe if I wasn't too complacent to email them and ask for the previous version back I'd be happier? It just pulls so hard when the air is cold that I can live with the soft tune when hot out. Winter is coming even in Cali :banana:
Let em know. They will have no problem sending it to you.

Rich

Airbornemaikai

Ok I can't help but respond, I have tried and tried not to but like pop eye says "I can't stands it no more"
The tuner debate is a recurring question, almost like clock work. There is already tons and tons of threads with plenty of info on the tunes and mods available. Lots of the people posting the same info and same questions are also posting the exact same thing in other forums, namely the explorer forum. So it just drives me insane to have to see the same question over and over as if an opinion is ever going to change fact that the tuners both have good products and it is a personal choice of which to go with. There will be no final deciding factor other than what the person spending the money won't make for themselves.
That being said, I personally chose LMS based solely off the fact that they have they fastest tracked sport to date. Can we just stop with these threads already? I mean this is literally the exact same post the op has started multiple times, and they aren't the only one guilty of this. The info is out there already, read and decide for yourself
For example here's the ops other post literally on the exact same topic
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3779.msg59189.html#msg59189
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

FoMoCoSHO

His other thread kind of went "poopie" so maybe that's why he started a new one. That being said, I'm all for spirited debate and I see nothing wrong as long as people don't get all emotional and butthurt. At the end of the day what matters most to me is that our esteemed vendors are supported regardless of ones choice.