• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Who am I?

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 17, 2013, 06:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonboy688

name is jonathan
I am from north Carolina, and work at a ford dealership in the parts department, I am a large ford racing dealer and just picked up a 2010 sho that was traded in for my new dd, love the car and look forward to making it a little faster. right now it has some mufflers on it and I had it tuned while I was pri this dec.

SHOdded

Welcome to EBPF, Jonathan, congrats on the new ride, and Happy New Year!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jeff clawson

Just joined the forum, I hope to learn more about my car from like-minded people.

I purchased my Tuxedo black 2014 SHO/PP almost 2 years ago and am always finding new things I like about it. I was initially getting interested in looking at getting something like the Chevy SS, which lead me to look at the SHO. I have a daily driver so my SHO stays indoors much of the time. Miles at this point are just over 20K. This schema keeps me excited to drive it on the weekends, or when the weather is good.

I want to keep it pretty close to factory for the time being. Since it's under warranty, I will wait awhile before I get into engine modifications. It's plenty fast-enough for me right now, and I would just get in more trouble that I already am for driving like a hoon.

I ended up having the H&R springs installed to lower the stance and am happy with how it looks. I have been posting elsewhere on the forum for advice on how to settle down the ride quality. Any advice on how to calm down the bouncy/jiggly nature of the lowered ride would be very much appreciated.

I am looking at changing out the wheels in the very near future. Looking at TSW Nurburgring wheels, with the machined face. My thoughts are wheels need some bling to stand out, and the all-black look feels a little played out to me. My car is tinted all around and with black wheels feels a little too monochromatic. Gray wheels are a little to dank for my taste as well.

I was also toying with the idea of an exhaust to make the sound a little more pronounced. I have spent a little time exploring options and it feels to me like a complete exhaust with downpipes (combined with an intake and "tune") are where I would likely go with this. For now the stock stuff is OK, no complaints.

If my wish list sounds like every other SHO owner's list, that would probably be accurate. I think we all are trying to tweak the things a stock factory product gets slightly wrong, and make our cars unique and perfect in our eyes...

Thanks in advance for any and all advice and correspondence!

JC
2014 Taurus SHO, PP, H&R lowering springs

AJP turbo

Strange thing to have a sho that is not a daily driver....its not nearly cool enough to be anything else...its quite...sounds like s*** when an exhaust is put on...handles like a fat girl and is an automatic...perfect daily driver if u ask me
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

jeff clawson

So do I have your permission to run it up to Alta on salty roads?

Think I will just to stretch the fat-ass legs... LOL

Thanks for the response ajp. Later, JC
2014 Taurus SHO, PP, H&R lowering springs

AJP turbo

Of course..use the awd to rip through the salt and snow
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

If I had a SHO, it'd be seeing daily driver duty for sure.  But it'd also up the OCD with wash'n'wax frequency :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on January 10, 2016, 05:21:59 PM
If I had a SHO, it'd be seeing daily driver duty for sure.  But it'd also up the OCD with wash'n'wax frequency :)
You know the 4.2-4.1 brake conversion makes a gently used 4.1 a viable and inexpensive option.

Just sayin 😉

Iakid51

Hello all, my name is Zach, I am a union sheet metal worker in DSM IA, I spend most of my time outside of work and my son, building and tuning anything LS (yes this is an ecoboost forum, i know) I love daily driveability of Ford's ecoboost systems and also the power on demand that I do not believe any other truck can offer.

Hobbies are really what I have already stated, I have a now one year old son who is s terror, and I also own a 99 Camaro, it is my project and probably will be forever (here come the LS remarks lol). I follow the SCT series around when I can and spend a lot of time at the street car nights at the local 1/8mi. Eddyville Raceway Park here in IA.

I am a mostly self taught fabricator and tuner, my fabrication I would say is rather stellar, tuning is a work in progress. I race gokarts occasionally of which I do not own, just have a good relationship with the two cycle engine builder. I have access to a few different machine shops including manual machines as well as CNC. I'm always willing to help with others' projects when I have the time, so if there is anything else anybody would like to know feel free to get ahold of me.
'15 F150 Lariat FX4 ECSB 2.7 Eco

SHOdded

midnightSun

Hello. I'm new to this board. I'm a professional speeder. I grew up riding dirtbikes and snowmobiles. I've spent ALOT in court fees for speeding tickets. I once had 10 weekends straight of court ordered 8 hr drivers school. Now a days if i get pulled over its so you can freely continue speeding. Once while pulled over I was asked why i was going so fast and i replied "because its allowed me to cut 4 hrs out of my trip so far."  I like to go fast so i buy fast things. I've always tried to be stealth though. The only movies i had as a kid were Herbie the love bug and Cannonball run....i watched them daily.  In a perfect world everyone would drive on the left as blockers while i drive on the right, roads wouldn't have speed limits, all tires would be Y rated, my wife would have a job, and my kids would win more championships.

Hope i can learn alot from being a member of this board, and maybe some of you will learn something from me as well.   ~ Thanks
"I'm 30 min away, i'll be there in 10"
2016 Explorer Sport 3bar 93 tune.
Continental ZRY summer tires.
I pull a 30' race trailer with this little SUV at times.
2x Regional Champ!

SHOdded

Even the Autobahn has posted speed limits nowadays, but then there IS quite a bit of traffic on it too!  Please post an intro thread for yourself here as well:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

6500rpm

Hello, My names Mark and I'm a tinkerholic.  I've been around internal combustion engines my entire life, starting with race carts at 12 and I was hooked. Ran a 11 second 67 Camaro in the mid 1980's at the old Gateway International and spent 2 years worth of weekends pitting for a friends dirt modified and sportsman class cars in the old Allied Auto Racing community while finishing up Technical college. Found myself with a wife and kids shortly after and traded an expensive car hobby for a less expensive stint playing for a highly sponsored paintball team with a focus on changing and growing the sport. Bulged my L4/L5 disk and traded paintball for firearms hobby building with the expiration of the AWB. Several years later, with the kids all grown and 30+ years under my belt as a Tech for a large fleet company (say, We Try Harder), I've come full circle and picked up a 2013 SHO PP and I'm starting to tinker with cars again for enjoyment and not just a pay check. For 30 years my only focus has been repairing multiple car lines back to original working condition, performance modification hasn't even been an afterthought so I started looking for some quality forums to read up and ask a question or two. Shodded gave me a gentle prod to introduce myself, so this is me in a nutshell. Lifetime tinkerer of everything mechanical/electrical and always looking to learn some new things (as I've forgot most everything from the 80's).

Mark B (6500rpm)
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

SHOdded

Welcome (and thanks!), Mark, glad to have you here in our community!

6500rpm

Thanks Shodded, this little corner of the internet has assembled a wealth of information. Hopefully, as I get up to speed I can add to it.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!