• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Who am I?

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 17, 2013, 06:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuickSilver

I'm AJ, grew up in the OC/SoCal, I  joined the Navy in '84 and saw the world or at least a few duty stations in California. I was a Hospital Corpsman in the Navy and then trained as an Operating Room Technition, I stayed on that path in civillian life and now after the years have flown by and I had a successful marraige(for 15 years anyway...) two fantastic kids(in 6th & 7th grade now) and have been working in the Operating Room for 30 years now. I still remember at 17 being the youngest in the OR but now most of the Docs are younger than me. TIme moves on I suppose.  Now I am in sales working for Zimmer Orthopedics supporting their Internal Spinal Fixation Hardware lines.  What that meas is if there is a spinal fusion surgery going on, I'm there working with the nurses to assemble and hand up to the surgeon the right size/style/shape for the procedure he is doing. I suppose my other job is to keep him out of trouble :-)

I've been a turbo enthusiast since my first new car, an 87 Dodge Shadow Turbo ES.  Not exactly a rocket with a 0-60 in 7.9 and a 15.20 1/4 mile time, turbo cars have come a loooong way since then. I kind of got stuck in the Mopar mode and owned just about every 80's-90's FWD turbo variant Chrysler made. I've owned about 70 cars at last count and I still have a handful of Dodge turbo cars but the 2014 Explorer Sport is my first Ford ever. It replaced my 2004 Toaureg V10 5l twin turbo diesel as my daily driver, I miss the 600+lbsft of torque and the cockpit adjustable ride hieght suspension but the ESport is winning me over in other ways, the kids keep discovering gee-whiz things the MFD will do and since I just dicovered 'Sand mode' (and loving it) I'd say I still have a bunch left to learn.
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

DJE624

Great story and pic AJ.  Thanks for posting.

SHOdded

Great to get to know you, AJ!  Keep those kids grinning from ear to ear :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Spenser281

The name is Spenser.  I live in Rogers, Arkansas.  I'm a store manager at an O'Reilly Auto Parts.  I'm 25 years old and will have been with O'Reilly's for 8 1/2 years.  Cars have been my passion as far back as I can remember.  I first owned a 1978 Chevy Chevette.....a real cream puff.  Shortly thereafter, I saved up enough money to buy a 1968 Ford LTD 2 door with a Q code 428.  Needed WAY more work than I could do/afford at the time, so I  sold it.  The rest have all been mustangs: '88 GT, '95 GT, '03 Mach 1, and an '03 Cobra.  I've also owned an '02 Harley Davidson F150.  Needless to say, I'm a diehard Ford fanatic.  But I respect anyone's vehicle that they take pride in.

I've had my '10 SHO for about 7 months now and love it!  First step will be getting a tune for it.  This forum has opened a whole new world of information to me and for that, I am thankful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2010 SHO

Work in progress....

SHOdded

Hmm, does this mean we have an inside source for parts at O'Reilly? :biggrin:  Glad to know ya, Spenser!  Hope our Merry Band o' Bandits will keep you entertained, and feel free to throw your hat into the ring anytime!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Howdy Spenser!  I could dig that LTD!

bpd1151

Quote from: Spenser281 on January 04, 2014, 12:18:41 PMI've had my '10 SHO for about 7 months now and love it!  First step will be getting a tune for it.  This forum has opened a whole new world of information to me and for that, I am thankful.

Welcome aboard Spenser. Glad to have you here! :newbie:

You are correct, lot's of info here for you to wrap your mod thoughts around. :ok:

We look forward to your involvement!

"The Other" Mike :beer:

BiGMaC

Welcome To EBPF Spencer!!
Glad your here!
:hi:

I started with a Nash Rambler station wagon with push button drive and flathead 8... You'll find a lot of experience and knowledge you can use here... and we look forward to sharing in yours too.  Enjoy your SHO!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Spenser281

Quote from: SHOdded on January 04, 2014, 04:20:58 PM
Hmm, does this mean we have an inside source for parts at O'Reilly? :biggrin:  Glad to know ya, Spenser!  Hope our Merry Band o' Bandits will keep you entertained, and feel free to throw your hat into the ring anytime!

Haha!!  If you don't get the service you need from an O'Reilly's,  contact me and I'll see if I can help you.

Thanks for the welcome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2010 SHO

Work in progress....

donky4444

My name is Don and I live in SW Michigan. I was an army brat until 2 then moved to Downriver Detroit due to divorce. Moved to Garden City, MI (Metro Detroit) for a few years and then out to Kalamazoo MI just before finishing high school in 95.

I have been a car freak since a kid and my grandpa taught me how to drive at 12, 1970's Toyota Jeep standard H. I used to sell cars and so I normally trade up every 2-3 years. Here's the list of what I have owed, it's all over the place:

1982 Mustang v6
1987 Nissan Sentra 4dr
1989 Nissan 240sx se
1994 Pontiac Grand Am GT 2dr
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
1987 Nissan Maxima (winter beater)
1997 VW Jetta GL
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT (first modded car with SC pulley)
2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi (pulley and CAI)
2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP
2008 Grand Prix GXP (tune, FWI, cat back)
2011 SHO (tune)

Plus countless demos while selling cars.

I do treasury management sales for PNC Bank. Married with a 1 yr old boy and 2 English Bulldogs.  I'm a huge Formula 1 fan and stick to my Italian roots as a Ferrari fan. Maybe one day I'll win big and be able to buy one. I have been on forums since my first modded car and I just love all the great info everybody shares. It's always nice to be able to chat with people driving similar cars. This is a very good forum with great members, I have been on some bad one before.

I look forward to learning more about the EB platform and maybe meeting some of you. I already met up with TSS1 when he got his remote start installed by a friend of mine.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

DJE624

Good to know ya Don!

BiGMaC

Hey Dan... Thanks for sharing with us...Pretty cool list of cars!
Also good to here that you're actually meeting members. and that we're getting large enough to have it happen by coincidence!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SoCalSHO

Quote from: donky4444 on January 04, 2014, 07:19:55 PM
My name is Don and I live in SW Michigan. I was an army brat until 2 then moved to Downriver Detroit due to divorce. Moved to Garden City, MI (Metro Detroit) for a few years and then out to Kalamazoo MI just before finishing high school in 95.

I have been a car freak since a kid and my grandpa taught me how to drive at 12, 1970's Toyota Jeep standard H. I used to sell cars and so I normally trade up every 2-3 years. Here's the list of what I have owed, it's all over the place:

1982 Mustang v6
1987 Nissan Sentra 4dr
1989 Nissan 240sx se
1994 Pontiac Grand Am GT 2dr
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
1987 Nissan Maxima (winter beater)
1997 VW Jetta GL
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT (first modded car with SC pulley)
2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi (pulley and CAI)
2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP
2008 Grand Prix GXP (tune, FWI, cat back)
2011 SHO (tune)

Plus countless demos while selling cars.

I do treasury management sales for PNC Bank. Married with a 1 yr old boy and 2 English Bulldogs.  I'm a huge Formula 1 fan and stick to my Italian roots as a Ferrari fan. Maybe one day I'll win big and be able to buy one. I have been on forums since my first modded car and I just love all the great info everybody shares. It's always nice to be able to chat with people driving similar cars. This is a very good forum with great members, I have been on some bad one before.

I look forward to learning more about the EB platform and maybe meeting some of you. I already met up with TSS1 when he got his remote start installed by a friend of mine.

Good to meet ya. Huge F1 fan here also. Sad to hear about Schumacher. I am a Vettel/Red Bull fan.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

donky4444

Wow, don't hear of too many F1 fans in the US. I've been a Ferrari fan since I started watching in the late 90's. I'm sad to see Massa go but he just never recovered from the hit in the head. This year will be interesting with all the changes. Not to mention the Alonso, Kimi match. I liked Vettel until he screwed Webber over and then went back and forth on his response to it. He has a ton of talent and will continue to be a big name and break records though.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

SoCalSHO

I feel the same way re:Vettel/Weber. But he did screw over Weber, but dang, when you're good as Vettel is, Webber had to have known he was playing second fiddle. I really would have liked seeing Raikonnen go to RBR, but I guess you have to bring up you junior racers also. I do not have good feeling for RBR this year, as two of their guys went to Mercedes, but we shall see.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH