• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Who am I?

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 17, 2013, 06:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I don't want to hide behind my screen name so I thought I'd let everyone know a bit about myself.
I LOVE CARS, it's like crack to me and I will usually strive to be a leader in the platform I'm modifying.
I'm an IT guy, I work from home for a LARGE corporation doing network design work. I am not a web designer or a graphic artist though, my skills in that area are minimal at best. If something is wrong with the forum I can usually fix it and if not I will immediately engage professional services to help me make it work right.

My name is Mike B - my profile links right to my youtube and facebook personal account. Feel free to friend me and message me all you want. If you want my cell phone just shoot me an email, facebook meesage me or PM me.

Most of the time I'm online 12+ hours a day, the only time I'm not is if I'm away at a wrestling tournament running the bracketing software or taking pictures.

Why did I start this forum? I wanted to make sure that an unbiased, open to any vendor forum was available where all vendors were equal. Charging vendors right now while we're building the platform doesn't seem right in my opinion. I also don't need to take "premium" membership dues to support the forum, it's about $100 a year to provide hosting and domain names, I'll happily provide that to further the platform.

Thanks!
Mike
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoBrick Bob

Glad to know.  I have a son who has had his own computer business for 15 years. Does repair & custom builds, plus networking, pad and cell phone repair for small companies, businesses and individuals. Second son is a Graphic Artist who works at Standard Golf Co, and can do just about anything on a Mac.  Together they created our website for ShorewoodApts.com  . I especially liked the u-tube video they created.

Think lots of us would enjoy knowing what our careers and hobbies are.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

pilo22

Thanks for the info, I work in the Public School system in Colorado....love learning new things and I try to DIY anything Youtubing it or looking in forums, found this forum while researching howto change a fuel sender in my 11' Ford Brick I just bought :)

EcoBrick Bob

I forgot to say what I do... At my age being forgetful is a full time job... Oh yes...

I am an indigent retired fella....LOL

We live on Clear Lake, IA in the summer and in Naples, FL in the winter.  I actually pay the bills at our Loves Park, ILL Apt. Complex from wherever I am. Seems like a full time job.

I have always loved cars and started Drag Racing at an early age... 64!

Have had Vettes, SHO's (4 from 89'-93') Caddies, exotics etc.  We feel our Flex is the most over-achieving vehicle we have ever owned.  Yes, I've had other vehicles that can be more fun for a moment, but if I could only have one vehicle, it would be an EB Flex. It has the best 6 passenger layout found today.  Of course I have made a few "minor" cosmetic and mechanical changes to the exterior, engine, exhaust, suspension, wheels and tires!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

Harmon Rabb

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on June 19, 2013, 01:55:48 PM
Glad to know.  I have a son who has had his own computer business for 15 years. Does repair & custom builds, plus networking, pad and cell phone repair for small companies, businesses and individuals. Second son is a Graphic Artist who works at Standard Golf Co, and can do just about anything on a Mac.  Together they created our website for ShorewoodApts.com  . I especially liked the u-tube video they created.

Think lots of us would enjoy knowing what our careers and hobbies are.

Your son posts on another forum I visit. I know him  ;D

Brucelinc

EcoBrick Bob, I see you spend part of the year in Clear Lake.  Is there any place around the Clear Lake/Mason City area to get 93 octane fuel?  I am originally from Indianola, Iowa and now live in the Minneapolis area.  When I go to Iowa to visit family, I would prefer to keep my 93 octane tune!

I currently have an MKS ecoboost.  I have always been a Ford guy, everything from Mustang GTs to T'Bird SuperCoupes to Lincolns.  I have been in the marketing department of a major bank for the past 20 years but I have always been a gear head.  Prior to my current "white collar" job, I was a tech at a Ford dealership.  I still do all of my own maintenance and try to stay up to speed on most things mechanical.

I am enjoying this forum.  However, I almost need an assistant to help me keep track of all the forums that I like to review!

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: Brucelinc on June 23, 2013, 09:25:55 AM
EcoBrick Bob, I see you spend part of the year in Clear Lake.  Is there any place around the Clear Lake/Mason City area to get 93 octane fuel?  I am originally from Indianola, Iowa and now live in the Minneapolis area.  When I go to Iowa to visit family, I would prefer to keep my 93 octane tune!

Yes.  Murphy (Walmart) in Mason City sells it.  Last year it was 20 cents more than 89, but with the big run up in prices this spring, it has been as high as 80 cents more.  This makes me afraid of it as it still contains alcohol, and if not sold in enough quantity, it will be stale, and you really don't know what you are getting.  So.. I have been running 91 from same station, at only 10 cents more than 89.  Murphy is all gasohol.  Those Iowa stations running 87 have it w/o ethanol, and it is priced 10 cents to 20 cents higher than 89 E-10, that everyone carries.  Iowa stations are unique, in that there is no 87 E-10 that I am aware of.

Also, Murphy at Walmart in Cedar Falls, IA has 89 and 93 (no 91) and there are Kwik Trips in some areas of IA that have 92 at fair pricing.

StrawHatShinobi

Mike, I'm jealous that you get to work from home.  I have been throwing the idea around of going back to school for something in the IT field.  There was a company posting on our local job boards that 95% of the time a person could work from home and that was what got me thinking about going back and trying something different.  Currently I do compliance for a property management company and I own a painting business that supports my modding disease. 
'13 Eco screw FX4 - THE56 turbos, AEM Dry flow, MAK DP, 4" exhaust, meth injection, Walbro 450 lift pump, 2"HBS level, 20" Fuel Nuts on 33" Toyo M/T's

jomc111

Hey all. My name is john I am a service sales rep for cintas cleanroom resources. I deal with scientists and chemist that are lost in there own world. Sit behind the wheel of a box truck most of the day  and spend a couple nights in Illinois every week.
I also have a couple rental houses would have more but recently married and wife's are expensive lol.  For now rentals supplements money for car parts. I think im the young punk of the group at 26

Strongly considering selling my BT mazdaspeed 3 and making my sho the new toy  (currently wifes car , doesn't like fuel economy)
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

darreli

Hey..my name is Darrell and I'm a career firefighter in southeastern Michigan. Last few vehicles have been fairly quick..I've always been a car guy..my dad is as well and so is my brother, so it kinda runs in the family.

The first ecoboost ride I purchased was actually a flex. I liked it alot so I sold my Lightning to buy a SHO. Started trying to see the limits an the capabilities of the platform so here I am now. I actually thought about selling my car over the winter because I've pretty much maxed things out and the market has really caught on like I originally thought. Looks like that may be changing so I'm gonna hold out a little longer. Just installed a torque convertor that I'm testing out for Circle D but haven't really been able to drive it yet. I'll post a review as soon as I can.

Oh yeah..we were talking about who we are..I'm a dad, husband...my schedule allows me to be home alot of days (since I work 24hrs at a time) so I get to see most of my kids stuff.

EcoBrick Bob

I was born in Waterloo, IA, and adopted by two great parents.  They told me later that I was a replacement for their dog "Spike"..  Since they only had one dog, I never had any brothers an sisters! I was raised in Farmersburg, IA.. about 14 mi from Prarrie Du Chien, WI.  When I was present, there were 247 other townies. My dad was a bridge and culvert contractor, with many employees, so we always had nice cars. I thought I was going to be driving his business car, a 1961 Pontiac Ventura, but just before my 16th birthday, he took me to a local Ford dealer and had me pick out my own.  Ended up ordering a 1962 Galaxie 500 Coupe.  He restricted me to a 352 auto, which my friends and I found out was faster in second than in third.  It needed a valve job at 18,000 mi!

I graduated from St. Olaf College in 1967. During those years I had a Pontiac Catalina 421 tri-power, a Rivera, and a Corvette coupe. My girlfriend, now wife (Wendy) had my Vette, my senior year, as St.O didn't allow us to have cars. We married in 68' while we were both at U of IA, where we had a HO Firebird and a Shelby 500 Mustang.  The next summer we lived in Freeport, Grand Bahama IS.  I got a Shelby 350 Conv stuck in a seaweed bog, the tide covered the car over the hood, and what a mess... and no Ins.  Later I worked at Maytag in Marketing Research, ran my father's office operations, owned 2 gift shops, and currently have majority ownership in a large apartment complex. Over my car years I have owned around 50, mostly new vehicles.  We were blessed with 3 children, the 2 boys already mentioned, and our daughter Heidi, a Target Pharmacist. We also have 3 grandsons. Our kids like cars almost as much as me. I have a couple big boats and 2 SeaDoo's.  My other toy is our 22 sport boat, with a 502,  that goes over 70 mph. I've only blown it up once, and fried a piston another time~! I have many stories about my stupidity and ignorance, but you have already figured that out~!

Rob M.

jcl78

Well, I was born in Denver in 78, grew up in San Diego, CA where I met my wife. We have been married for over 10 years now.

I have been in the IT field for 17 years, starting at the help desk level, to desktop admin to server admin to now as a Senior Systems Admin.

I have always been a car guy, from my meager beginnings with my first car, a... wait for it... black 1986 Ford Tempo! I painted the gauge surrounds red, installed a red Grant steering wheel, Vortech banner on the windshield (no it did not have any part on it made by Vortech) a huge wing out of a parts catalog, K&N cone filter attached to the tube with duct tape and a 5" exhaust tip. I painted all the chrome trim black on the car and was made fun of quite often.
From there, here is my list of cars I have owned, some good some bad:

1986 Ford Tempo
1988 Honda Prelude Si
1993 Toyota Pickup 4x4
2000 Hyundai Tiburon
1996 Mustang GT
1998 Camaro Z28
2001 Camaro Z28
2005 Jeep Liberty Diesel
2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan
2008 Jeep Patriot
2009 Subaru WRX
2010 Nissan Xterra
2012 Acura RDX
2010 Taurus SHO

The SHO honestly takes the cake. The power, the comfort, the tech... it is a combo of all the favorite things in all of my cars put into one.

painterpatt

Names Patt. been a bodyman/painter for about...alot of years. new to the underhood part so its a new adventure underway.
Koolaid drinkin, Flex drivin !!

thewrubelator

Well, my name is Josh W. I grew up in north-eastern Michigan, joined the Air Force in 2010, which took me away from the Great Mitten  State to this hell-hole named Vegas. I am an A-10 Crew Chief, if you know what an A-10 is, then you're a badass, if you don't, well, you know... :bangin:

I have always drove Fords. I love Waterfowl hunting, it's probably my favorite thing too do, which sucks being in the desert.  If I'm hunting or fishing, I won't be complaining. Thats about all!
SILVER SLEEPER
LMS 91v10 /  91Xv1~ Full-Race FMIC ~ AFE Stage 2 CAI ~ MAK 3" O/R D/P ~ 4" MBRP CatBack

Check out my build thread!

mjhpadi

Quote from: thewrubelator on July 19, 2013, 08:46:00 PM
I am an A-10 Crew Chief, if you know what an A-10 is, then you're a badass, if you don't, well, you know... :bangin:

A-10 Thunderbolt II to be correct...ground attack aircraft that is the namesake of the P-47 Thunderbolt which was nicknamed The Jug! ;D

Gotta love an aircraft with 2 rear mounted engines and a 30mm cannon in the nose! :)
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350