• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sport Mode in 2013 PP SHO

Started by BMC10SEC50, October 02, 2014, 07:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMC10SEC50

Quote from: ZSHO on October 02, 2014, 09:24:41 PM
Bill the button has to flicker like a light switch and not feel mushy,also do you recall it working prior to having the computer reprogramed by the dealer?

It doesn't feel mushy at all. I've only tried it a few times and I don't ever recall it working.

Slurp- Yes, I can turn the Advance Trac off
-2013 SHO PP with Unleashed 3 bar tune, CAI, plugs, thermostat, off road downpipes and Corsa exhaust. Best time to date is 12.26@112.47mph.
-1990 5.0 LX(original owner) 349 BOSS block, Twisted Wedge heads, Holley intake, Vortech Si trim. Made 636hp to the wheels with a street tune.

ZSHO

Quote from: slurppie on October 02, 2014, 09:32:18 PM
BMC, mine can be temperamental at times requiring me to make 2 hard button presses otherwise it flip flops between traction on/off. Can you at least disable everything (advance trac off)?
The weather has alot to do with the function of the button operating to its full potential,like the cold will make it sometimes harder to push down.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Bill one more question,for performance and winter use does the advance track off work by holding the button down for five secinds with car in drive anf foot on brake pedal should be priority to function instead of sport mode.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BMC10SEC50

Yeah, I hold it down for 5-6 seconds and the Advance Trac is off.

PS- Get ready for Englishtown, I'll be going on a Weds within the next month or so.
-2013 SHO PP with Unleashed 3 bar tune, CAI, plugs, thermostat, off road downpipes and Corsa exhaust. Best time to date is 12.26@112.47mph.
-1990 5.0 LX(original owner) 349 BOSS block, Twisted Wedge heads, Holley intake, Vortech Si trim. Made 636hp to the wheels with a street tune.

ZSHO

Quote from: BMC10SEC50 on October 02, 2014, 10:05:42 PM
Yeah, I hold it down for 5-6 seconds and the Advance Trac is off.

PS- Get ready for Englishtown, I'll be going on a Weds within the next month or so.
Bill glad to see it resolved,can i go to sleep know,lol,at least it doesnt say advance track service soon,could be a TSB for that or a glitch.

BMC10SEC50

Sport Mode situation isn't resolved yet but go to bed! TTYL

PokerMunkee

Isn't Sports Mode just moving the shifter to S?

I recall hitting the button twice to turn off advance trak,  which means all nannies are off. But you have to be going less than 50mph if I recall.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

BMC10SEC50

No. If you read your owners manual you will see by hitting the traction control button two times rapidly your car should go into Sport Mode. I would tell you what page to read but it's in my car at the moment.

FracaSHO

You have to push twice REALLY FAST. Otherwise the traction control off will pop up. I always drive in sport mode, and half the time it doesn't work the first time. 
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

PokerMunkee

Cool, just looked it up in the manual.  I think I've pushed the button a few times since I've owned my SHO.

Going to play with it tomorrow.

Here is a screenshot of the manual for a quick lookup:

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

IHeartGroceries

Wait...

I thought it was a single press for turning off traction control, two presses for Advance Trac Sport (or something) and then holding it down with brake pressed for 5 seconds gets you AdvanceTrac off, which is the cream of crop setting, and disables all nannies.

*EDIT
Nevermind. You beat me to it with the illustration above. XD

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

jkeblaitis

I have the exact same problem. . I've never seen sport mode message pop up just a quick flash.. the dealer said they couldn't find anything wrong ?
2013 SHO, PP, tuxedo black, Airaid cai, LMS 3bar 93 V8 tune, Corsa black tip exhaust

ZSHO

By putting the vehicle in drive and foot on the brake pedal and rapidly pressing the button twice you should see this on your dash,then same procedure by pressing the button once and finally holding the button down for five seconds you should see this,hope it helps someone,maybe you guys dont have the special edition PP,HA,HA,LOL. ;) ;)

BMC10SEC50

Thanks Z.

Yeah, no Sport Mode for me. My friend is at the dealer trying to look into it. I can however turn the Advance Trac off as shown above.

BMC10SEC50

Quote from: jkeblaitis on October 03, 2014, 08:18:28 AM
I have the exact same problem. . I've never seen sport mode message pop up just a quick flash.. the dealer said they couldn't find anything wrong ?

JK- I get a quick flash and the flash says "Traction Control off".