• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sport Mode in 2013 PP SHO

Started by BMC10SEC50, October 02, 2014, 07:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMC10SEC50

The manual says you will get a message that Sport Mode is on when you hit the traction control button twice. I've been messing with this all day and the only thing I get is a real fast pop up that says "Traction control off". Any thoughts? Yes, I have the PP.
-2013 SHO PP with Unleashed 3 bar tune, CAI, plugs, thermostat, off road downpipes and Corsa exhaust. Best time to date is 12.26@112.47mph.
-1990 5.0 LX(original owner) 349 BOSS block, Twisted Wedge heads, Holley intake, Vortech Si trim. Made 636hp to the wheels with a street tune.

glock-coma

I recall something about pressing the brake for 5 seconds for the advance trac off feature.
But I could be completely wrong as I don't have the performance packages on my SHO.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

Just to clarify this is for the PP only,put the vehicle in drive and rapidly press the button twice and on left side of the dash should appear in yellow sport mode,advance track off,if you do the same procedure but only pressing the button once,traction control off should appear,make sure on the right of the dash the little slippery icon is lit.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BMC10SEC50

Ok, I was trying it in park. I'll try it in drive and let you know.
-2013 SHO PP with Unleashed 3 bar tune, CAI, plugs, thermostat, off road downpipes and Corsa exhaust. Best time to date is 12.26@112.47mph.
-1990 5.0 LX(original owner) 349 BOSS block, Twisted Wedge heads, Holley intake, Vortech Si trim. Made 636hp to the wheels with a street tune.

BMC10SEC50

Still the same thing. No Sport Mode message at all.

ZSHO

Bill is the slippery icon lit up on the right side of the dash?

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BMC10SEC50

Yes but the only message I got was "Traction Control off", nothing about Sport Mode. The Traction Control off message came on real fast the went away unlike normally when you just turn the Traction Control off and the message comes up until you hit OK.

ZSHO

Sounds to me you have a sticky button,did you ever spill anything in the area,cause its not letting you program it,and does the button feel loose?

BMC10SEC50

ZSHO

BMC10SEC50

slurppie

I'm lazy and haven't read the whole thread but to put it in Sport Mode, press on the brakes and press the button twice. To turn everything off, press the brakes and hold the button down for about 8 seconds.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

BMC10SEC50

Slurp- it's not working, that's the problem. I can turn the Advance Trac off but I can't get into Sport Mode for some reason.

ZSHO

Bill the button has to flicker like a light switch and not feel mushy,also do you recall it working prior to having the computer reprogramed by the dealer?

slurppie

BMC, mine can be temperamental at times requiring me to make 2 hard button presses otherwise it flip flops between traction on/off. Can you at least disable everything (advance trac off)?
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings